trans/clutch issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: trans/clutch issue

Not sure but I think it HAS to be dielectric grease though. Don't want to start the brake fluid vs. clutch fluid thing again. I know my race car wont run with out it, literally wont run , burns up the hei. Dielectric grease has solved all my electrical demons on both my race car and Camaro. I swear by the stuff. Use it on everything electrical especially connections. No more electrical demons since and that was 5 years ago. I think one of the things that makes it work so well is it's designed to even out fluctuations in the electrical system and more importantly by sealing out water you get better connections.

Comment

Ya I'll definitely get the right stuff, hope it fixes the problem. Although my check engine light just popped on tonight too, so when I go get the grease I'll have it scanned too. I'm sure it's related to what's going on.

Comment

check for vacuum leaks. i had the same problem turned out i had a leak in an egr tube. are you getting any hissing noises? or you can take a flexible tube and use it to lissen for any leaks.

Comment

Or get a can of brake cleaner (or similar combustible aerosol), and spray vacuum lines and connections. Idle will change if you hit a leak.

Comment

I've already checked everything for vacuum leaks about a month ago due to codes for running lean on bank 1 and bank 2, not saying I couldn't have another. Ended up having the car smoke tested and it was my egr tube on the header side, crappy pacesetter design I guess. So i just got some block off plates and deleted it and had the shop that did my tune awhile back go in and delete the egr code.

Comment

I had a hell of a time getting my intake side block off to seal up.

Comment

It's coming up with p0102. So something with the maf, ill start with cleaning it and checking the wire connections and go from there. Sound about right to you guys?

Comment

Alright, cleaned the MAF, checked voltage to the wires, chenged the engine sensor fuse, an put dialectic grease on the plugs. Cleared the codes, ran for 5 miles and the code came back on. Guess I'm left with just replacing the MAF altogether?

Comment

Just put a new MAF in and cleared the code. Drove around for 20-25 miles and all is well, no code, no hesitation, car feels perfectly normal again. I'm praying it'll stay that way.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions, I really appreciate it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
                      hey there strangers!
                      by 3.4 slow to go
                      been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                      10 hours ago
                    • ssms5411
                      Had to get another phone
                      by ssms5411
                      Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                      1 week ago
                    • ssms5411
                      Leaking front cover
                      by ssms5411
                      So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                      2 weeks ago
                    • transamtom1
                      Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                      by transamtom1
                      Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                      3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X