Looking for a stall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a stall

So I've been thinking of getting a TCI Tq converter, I was thinking of a 3200 stall but don't know about the STR I should get. I got a email to Abbott Racing to see what they reccomend. Anyone have any input?
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Re: Looking for a stall

I have a 3800 tci stall with a 2.1 str . Kinda of a pain in the *** to dd since its kinda loose. But fun to mess around with.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
      So I've been thinking of getting a TCI Tq converter, I was thinking of a 3200 stall but don't know about the STR I should get. I got a email to Abbott Racing to see what they reccomend. Anyone have any input?
      I had the 3200 from them with a 2.1 str- was fun to drive, but if I had to do it over again I would just go with either their 3500 or 4000 stall. I paid more to have the 3200 be a custom stall because I thought 3500 would be too much (300rpm more right?) I definitely regretted not going bigger.

I'm currently tossing between going 3600 or 4000 for my Yank for my 02- I'm leaning heavily on 4000 though. It is too bad yank isn't an option for the 3.8's because I've been reading wonders on them.

One thing that will effect how loose/tight a stall feels though is gearing. I'll use the v8 as the example but from what I have been gathering, guys with 2.73 gears and a 3600 stall feel like it is really loose and sloppy, where as a lot of guys with 3.73 gears say it drives almost like stock it is so tight.

In the end though, it depends on how you use the car, I believe if you spray you don't want to go as high as you would with an NA car for a stall because it flashes higher with nitrous.

Not that it really applies to you Steve, but when I spoke with Yank I told them the new 02' was going to be bolt on only and maybe a cam down the road with 3.73 gears and that my goal was to hit mid 11's by the end of my build (with cam and bolt ons) and they recommended me a 4000 stall even with daily driving

Just food for thought though- you may want to call TCI directly and ask their opinion as well

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
      1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Thanks for posting guys , I think I'll go with a 3500 stall.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

you won't regret it, just make sure you break it in properly before romping on it. During the break in it will feel loose and you may or may not like it, but after the first time you lay into the throttle and sh*t your pants you'll love it

Comment

Nice how long do you have to break one in? I also got a email from Abbott , said it would be in the $600 range but that was a 3200 I question him about. On their web page it has a 3500 stall for $489 or something like that. Either way I'll be ordering it. He said he'll know after the holidays.
            Last edited by ssms5411; 12-28-2013, 05:49 PM.

Comment

ya, they charge more for the custom stall, and in my opinion, after doing the 3200 I would go 3500 in a heart beat...like I said, I am going either 3600 or 4000 this time around, and most likely it will be 4000.

Break in I believe is 500 miles- no brake stalling or WOT pulls

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
                ya, they charge more for the custom stall, and in my opinion, after doing the 3200 I would go 3500 in a heart beat...like I said, I am going either 3600 or 4000 this time around, and most likely it will be 4000.

Break in I believe is 500 miles- no brake stalling or WOT pulls
                Damm, how are you suppose to drive it then?LOL I don't know if I could drive it with no WOT pulls for 500 miles.

Comment

you just drive normally lol...throw it on jack stands and run it for a bit in the air if you have to.

Take it on the highway and cruise a bit

Comment

Yeah this next year I'm going to try and drive the Camaro more often.

Comment

Looks like I have to wait until I do my t-tops first then I'll do the stall, so April or March.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                        Hello everyone!
                        by Andy H
                        Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                        3 weeks ago
                      • 3.4 slow to go
                        hey there strangers!
                        by 3.4 slow to go
                        been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                        3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X