Car barely moves!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car barely moves!!!

So the night before, the car ran smoothly.. No tranny slippage or any problems what so ever. This morning I go out to run the car and shift it to drive, but the car doesnt move. I rev it but it runs ever so slowly. It does shift gears.

Im pretty sure its not the transmission, fluid is pink ish. What else can be wrong? How do I check the driveshaft???

Re: Car barely moves!!!

It's not going to be your driveshaft. It would either move like normal or it wouldn't move at all. Do you hear any sounds that you normally wouldn't hear?
    aka FreedStyle
    Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
    2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

So its a auto, maybe TQ converter, but I think you would get a code.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

It might not even be transmission.

Right now I'm working on a 2001 Z3 Roadster. The car felt sluggish and heavy when on drive and after much testing it came out to be an alternator problem.

Comment

was it realllllly cold? depending on how long you let it run before you gave up. the transmission may have been too thick and taking a while to fill the Torque converter. hate to state the obvious if its not the case but there weren't many details.

Comment

Yes the car was below freezing cold. I gave it time, and after a quart of tranny oil she was back and running.

Should I be worried about her leaving me stranded?

Comment

I would be worried it was a quart low, means theres a leak somewhere.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                Hello everyone!
                by Andy H
                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                2 weeks ago
              • 3.4 slow to go
                hey there strangers!
                by 3.4 slow to go
                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X