A4 to M5 Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A4 to M5 Conversion

I want to do an A4 to M5 Conversion to my 01 Camaro and I have all parts needed as listed in the guide stickied on here and I have done quite a bit of research online not to miss anything.

On some sites I read that the auto trans has cooling lines and when I would convert to manual, I would need to take care of them somehow? They go back to the radiator? Is this true? And what would I need to do to them? In the conversion guide, there is no such thing listed.

Re: A4 to M5 Conversion

I just disconnected them and cut/removed them from the car. I didn't plug up that cooling line ports in the radiator. No leaks for me. If you're leaking coolant from those ports, you need to replace the radiator.

Comment

But how can you just cut them? Won't they leak?

Comment

They will leak trans fluid until it's all drained out. After that, the trans cooler in the radiator is a completely sealed off system inside it. You could even just disconnect them from the radiator, and put a plug in it. They shouldn't leak anything but a few dribbles of atf.

Comment

Manual transmissions don't need coolers, the tranny cooler portion of the radiator is separate. There's also no lines coming off of the manual transmission. Nothing will leak once you drain all the ATF out of the radiator

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
            Hello everyone!
            by Andy H
            Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
            2 weeks ago
          • 3.4 slow to go
            hey there strangers!
            by 3.4 slow to go
            been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
            3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X