Rear end noise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear end noise?

My car is a 2001 with 3.42:1 gears. I havent messed with any rear end stuff on my car. I checked the fluid level when I was getting tired of the noise. The diff is full, but I am getting this noise that sounds kind of like a waterfall. it increases with speed and stays constant when the speed is constant. i have not the first idea about what it is. Maybe axle bearings? it just hums. Not like a gear whine, but kind of similar, its hard to describe. any ideas?

When my berings went out. There was no noise what so ever. The only sigh I had was the huge leak I left every where.

Best thing you can do is . Check it out completely. Raise your up and inspect your rear end completely.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Re: Rear end noise?

Originally posted by FIREBIRDV6RAGE View Post
      When my berings went out. There was no noise what so ever. The only sigh I had was the huge leak I left every where.

Best thing you can do is . Check it out completely. Raise your up and inspect your rear end completely.

Thanks for the advice. I noticed when I bought the car a year ago, that the rear end was leaking, but I havent gotten around to it due to the other things that were going wrong. That was a year ago and I just checked the fluid 1000 miles ago, and it was full? weird I know. It just sounds like a bearing or something, but its more subtle than that.

Comment

Originally posted by nwilson44 View Post
        Thanks for the advice. I noticed when I bought the car a year ago, that the rear end was leaking, but I havent gotten around to it due to the other things that were going wrong. That was a year ago and I just checked the fluid 1000 miles ago, and it was full? weird I know. It just sounds like a bearing or something, but its more subtle than that.
        No poblem. But I would check it out before it gets worse.

Thing you need just to check it out is jack, jackstands, bearing grease, a container to hold all your gear oil. A full set of sockets with a ratchet and gasket sealer I think it was it would take you about 3 to 4 hours to inspect it reall maybe less if your quick.

In the end just pack the bearing put the shafts back in and the pin. Close up the rear end cover with the sealant and add back the oil.

Its not that hard really. But I hope you find the problem eather way :thumbup:

Comment

Re: Rear end noise?

Originally posted by FIREBIRDV6RAGE View Post
          No poblem. But I would check it out before it gets worse.

Thing you need just to check it out is jack, jackstands, bearing grease, a container to hold all your gear oil. A full set of sockets with a ratchet and gasket sealer I think it was it would take you about 3 to 4 hours to inspect it reall maybe less if your quick.

In the end just pack the bearing put the shafts back in and the pin. Close up the rear end cover with the sealant and add back the oil.

Its not that hard really. But I hope you find the problem eather way :thumbup:

Doesnt sound that hard, however I am not sure where they are or what they look like.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
            Hello everyone!
            by Andy H
            Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
            3 weeks ago
          • 3.4 slow to go
            hey there strangers!
            by 3.4 slow to go
            been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
            3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X