Clutch problems or Tranny mounts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch problems or Tranny mounts?

Hey guys I was wanted to see what you guys might think this problem might be.

So as the title says i'm figuring either a clutch issue or I have read in some forums it may be loose tranny mounts.

As of lately (past 2 weeks) in the morning the car has been getting increasingly difficult to put into first gear and reverse. When the car is off with no engine running the gears change smoothly. All the other gears with the car ON have no issues. After about 20 minutes of driving the issue goes away. Even when I step away for a few hours and come back the first gear and reverse are still smooth. It seems like its only in the morning as I leave for work.

Well a new issue arises after 20 minutes (car is warmed up) in which now when I take off from a stop position in first gear I get this big shaking throughout the car. Feels like im about to stall but the engine doesn't bog down. It becomes much more apparent on a hill.

I've owned this car for 7 years as my daily driver and I know its not my shifting technique.

If I give it more gas while taking off from first it alleviates some shaking but not all. Very minor shaking after releasing clutch from 2nd gear and none in the other gears. Lots of shaking when in reverse. It almost makes it look like im learning how to drive manual.

Clutch symptoms? I mentioned tranny mounts but was wondering if someone could tell where those are.

Thanks!

Re: Clutch problems or Tranny mounts?

Well your trans mount is right under the tail shaft, but if that was an issue I think you'd notice to entire trams moving. To me, it sounds like something to do with the hydraulic system, losing pressure over night?

Comment

I'm gonna guess either a slipping clutch that also chattering or powertrain mounts or both.

Comment

check you slave or your master your loosing pressure at one of those two points. i used to have the same problem i ended up replacing everything to fully fix the problem. to solve the temporarily until you get to it pump the clutch at least 6 to 10 times before starting the car. that will hold you until you have a chance to change either the master or the slave out.
        Last edited by madforce10; 08-03-2013, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
          Hello everyone!
          by Andy H
          Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
          2 weeks ago
        • 3.4 slow to go
          hey there strangers!
          by 3.4 slow to go
          been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
          2 weeks ago
        • ssms5411
          Had to get another phone
          by ssms5411
          Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
          4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X