My life has been a lie!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My life has been a lie!!

Car came with the w68 package, and the RPO codes GU6 and G80...I am pretty sure the differential in my car is open...and probably not even 3.42.

Nevermind the ate up spider gear, its on the replacement list.
    Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Re: My life has been a lie!!

Wow... How disappointing... :mad:

Comment

Yeah, I know right. I am going to try to come up with some extra funds and buy your torsen
      Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Cant guarantee how long I will have it, theres alot of interest on FTV6 already. Within minuets of posting it lol

Comment

If you dont have it thats cool, I'll find another eventually
          Team NoVa

Comment

Ford 8.8 and never look back...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
            1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Aw ****, that's disappointing. However, you just found out it's another upgrade point and it'll be that much better.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Yeah. That wasnt on the list, though I alread had a solid rear end. Well I can now put the torsen and gears in it really feel the power!! Haha
                Team NoVa

Comment

There is a number thats stamed on the gear. You can figure our what gear is in the car by dividing a part of the number into the other part. I dont remember exactly for 3.42 but for 4.10 it was like 45-11.. You would just divide the numbers and come up with 4.09 which = 4.10 gears.. 3.42 is probably like 41-12 which = 3.41.6.. The number is stamped on the side of the ring gear.. Think the higher number is the number of teeth on the ring and the lower number is the number of teeth on the pinion..
                  Jeff ..
                  1998 Firebird.. Built 3.8 with a 125 shot.. 370rwhp,415rwtq.. stock tune!! sold

2002 WS6 T/A.. Bolt ins..448rwhp
                  2009 G8 GT.. Vararam intake, GXP axleback
                  1998 Corvette.. Vararam intake, Ti axleback
                  http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
                    Yeah. That wasnt on the list, though I alread had a solid rear end. Well I can now put the torsen and gears in it really feel the power!! Haha
                    exactly :cool:

now i know why you were looking for my setup. it was flooding here all weekend while i was off so i didnt pull my stuff from storage, but i will this weekend and grab pics for you. if you like what you see, looks like you'll have a torsen and 3.73's to restore your life to order haha.
                    pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
                    gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

Sorry to hear about the letdown . I swapped to a torsen rear last fall I can say it's a nice upgrade. Much better grip than the open differential especially in gravel/snowy situations.
                      96 White M5 Camaro. Manual everything. Magnaflow cat, dynomax dual outlet axle back. Swapped to a disc rear with 3.42s and a torsen differential, kyb gr2 rear shocks, moog rear endlinks.

Comment

I am actually now excited about doing it.
                        Team NoVa

Comment

See, I told you!

TEAM C6V6

Comment

What MPH did you shift into 4th Gear?

Mine has the same codes / dual exhaust and shifted at 45.

I really believe mine has 3.42s though
                            1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Comment

I shift into 4th when I damn well please!!! HAHAHAH
                              Team NoVa

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                Had to get another phone
                                by ssms5411
                                Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                1 week ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Leaking front cover
                                by ssms5411
                                So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • transamtom1
                                Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                                by transamtom1
                                Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X