Firming up the driveline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firming up the driveline

So my car has always had some drive line play since I got it 9 years ago with 110k. At certain low throttle situations it would get into this jerky acceleration where everything clunked around. Probably contributed to my original rear end leaking the oil at the seal and dying. Still have clunking and shifting going on out back after new shocks and endlinks when I put the rear in (though it has been much better) and now the new rear is whining (i think its the rear - or maybe trans output bearings - it's related to wheel speed). No matter what is causing the whine (going to have the rear and or trans fixed after my wedding in a few weeks) I want to firm up the driveline.
    So far I've gathered the following and plan on starting to install stuff this week: ES trans mount (and longer bolts - need to find some spacers. Probably going make some out of flat stock i have lying around) - ES Panhard bushings and moog lca bushings. ES torque arm bushing. I'm hoping to eliminate the middle d/s bearing thing and go aluminum after the wedding.
    I've had trouble finding the stock size rear sway bushings in poly (17mm i think though I should probably go measure it) and am thinking I should also find some new engine mounts just to get things done front to back. Is poly on the engine rough? This is a stock car and I like how poly lasts but might look for rubber if the poly will be too noisy. Then again the way things are bouncing around even with poly all around it will probably be quieter in the end. Probably going to take off the lca/panhard and have the bushings pressed by a shop weds/thurs as I don't have a press.
    Last edited by MegaHertz; 07-30-2012, 06:45 PM.
    96 White M5 Camaro. Manual everything. Magnaflow cat, dynomax dual outlet axle back. Swapped to a disc rear with 3.42s and a torsen differential, kyb gr2 rear shocks, moog rear endlinks.

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
    Hello everyone!
    by Andy H
    Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
    3 weeks ago
  • 3.4 slow to go
    hey there strangers!
    by 3.4 slow to go
    been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
    3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X