Hydraulic Throwout + Spacer Math

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydraulic Throwout + Spacer Math

Okay some of you know I'm doing the T-56 swap, uses a 1/4" adapter and all that stuff. I knew there would probably be a bit off on the driveline at some point since the T56 wasn't intended for use on the V6 so clutch and flywheel dynamics will be different, etc. etc.

So with Tick Performance and their shim kit, it has some basic formula for what you need.

My measurements come up as:
    A = 3.25" from clutch fingers to bellhousing face.
    B = 2.25" from compressed edge of throwout bearing to face of trans.

They state the optimal difference is 0.125" or 0.200"

With the shims I have, I can bring the difference down to .65" I also have an adjustable clutch pedal from Tick. Not sure if this can help out at all or if I need to get a thicker spacer instead (like a .75" spacer). I've measured this over and over again and since I'm not 100% sure on drivetrain stuff, I'd like some input.

Thoughts?

And yes, there is enough room for the input shaft to work in the pilot bearing.

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
    Hello everyone!
    by Andy H
    Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
    2 weeks ago
  • 3.4 slow to go
    hey there strangers!
    by 3.4 slow to go
    been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
    3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X