Queston after new posi install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Queston after new posi install

Well we got the Eaton Posi today an I love it already. After the install the ASR and ABS INOP lights are on. The new posi did not have the reluctlor ring on it as the old open differential did. And it sounds like I either need to install a new reluctor ring to shut the lights off or ignore/pull the bulbs out.
    my question is where could I get a reluctor ring to put on it? I cant take the ring off the old open differential. Or would you guys not even worry about it a pull the bulbs out?

Re: Queston after new posi install

You can take the ring off the old carrier. With the ring gear off, smack it a few times with a soft-faced hammer and it will come off. If you don't have the old carrier anymore, then you can get a new ring from a dealership. They're only about $25 if I remember correctly.
    -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
      You can take the ring off the old carrier. With the ring gear off, smack it a few times with a soft-faced hammer and it will come off. If you don't have the old carrier anymore, then you can get a new ring from a dealership. They're only about $25 if I remember correctly.
      I still have the old one. Ill have to gie it a try. AfterI get it off and take everything back out of the rear, how would I install it on the new eaton differential?

Comment

Take the ring gear off and slide the reluctor wheel in place on the Eaton unit. You won't be able to put it all the way on by hand, but when you bolt the ring gear back on it will press the wheel into place.
        -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

Any idea where I could get a reluctor ring for that eaton posi? We tried putting the old one one and ended up breaking it. Any info would be awesome.
          Derek.

Comment

Will this work even tho it says 2.73 and 3.08
            http://www.ebay.com/itm/221022017164...WAX:IT&vxp=mtr

Comment

Doing a little digging
              Part # 26014607
              http://parts-catalog.acdelco.com/catalog/BuyersGuideSearch.php?BGRequest=1&part=26014607&catalog=5570&parttype=2072
              and it says "2001 V6-231ci 3.8L F/I Vin K"
              Which mine is so it sounds like it fits

Comment

26014607 is the ring for a 2-series carrier (2.73-3.08).
                26029185 is the ring for a 3-series carrier (3.23 & up).

If you're having trouble getting the ring on, it may help to heat it first.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                  26014607 is the ring for a 2-series carrier (2.73-3.08).
                  26029185 is the ring for a 3-series carrier (3.23 & up).

If you're having trouble getting the ring on, it may help to heat it first.
                  Too late. Already broke lol

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                    Hello everyone!
                    by Andy H
                    Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                    2 weeks ago
                  • 3.4 slow to go
                    hey there strangers!
                    by 3.4 slow to go
                    been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                    3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X