Almost on third transnission mount in stock automatic - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Almost on third transnission mount in stock automatic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost on third transnission mount in stock automatic

So I installed new trans mount from advanced auto parts! Last a year, so that was ok. Put another one in and withing a week it started tearing!:rant: Question is should I take advantage of this life time warranty or the guy at the store says my frame is bent causing it to break. He also said it is leaking coolant or oil causing it to fail which it is not because not one drop on floor overnight with 245000 miles!:rock: Anyone ever here of frame being bent and breaking trans mount. Rear tires are inline with front after driving through a puddle?

Re: Almost on third transnission mount in stock automatic

sounds like he's trying to get out of giving you some free mounts. get your warranty mounts. make him pay to prove your frame is bent..

has your car been involved in many accidents?
    Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
    1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
    1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
    2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

Energy suspension mount. I went through 3 stock replacements before I just got a refund and got a poly.

Comment

Poly mount will last forever.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

one good hit but original broke before that! Even if it was bent the mount is made to flex, right?

Comment

They flex but it also depends on the weather you live in, here in AZ the heat really gets to them and most of the time they dry rott out and break into pieces, thats why a poly mount is a good idea because poly won't dry rott and break apart, mines been good for at least 8 years now with no problems , its worth the extra work to install the poly.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Aftermarket stock replacements are JUNK. NEVER buy one. Go poly or GM 1LE.
              <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Originally posted by ACiFiC View Post
                sounds like he's trying to get out of giving you some free mounts. get your warranty mounts. make him pay to prove your frame is bent..

has your car been involved in many accidents?
                Not defending the guy, but unless Ye is an idiot... How does this save him money. It's advances auto, idoubt hecares or profits how many requests for returns he has, unless he is tool lazy to do it or get someone.

I have torn 1le and even 1 poly. But I drove like an idiot.

I used to be one of tye king of drivetrain destrctuin.... But uell. I am still going strong o. Tye factort mount on this car.

Comment

Originally posted by DAS BOOT View Post
                  Not defending the guy, but unless Ye is an idiot... How does this save him money. It's advances auto, idoubt hecares or profits how many requests for returns he has, unless he is tool lazy to do it or get someone.

I have torn 1le and even 1 poly. But I drove like an idiot.

I used to be one of tye king of drivetrain destrctuin.... But uell. I am still going strong o. Tye factort mount on this car.
                  You win the drunk post award!
                  <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

LMFAO. I can relate to driving like an idiot, but it idles rough if I take it too easy. Gets 22mpg redlining it alot. Poly it is soon, maybe one more free one untill I locate poly mount! THANK YOU ALL for your replies!:D

Comment

Locate? Google 82-02 camaro poly trans mount and pick a place to buy one for under $30 shipped.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                        Hello everyone!
                        by Andy H
                        Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                        2 weeks ago
                      • 3.4 slow to go
                        hey there strangers!
                        by 3.4 slow to go
                        been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                        3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X