ss spoiler installl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ss spoiler installl

hey i've been doing some research looking for a guide on installing the ss spoiler and cant seem to find one..ive jus seen alot of talk about the third break light. i have a good idea as to what i have to do i just want to make sure im not messing anything up.

Thanks

Re: ss spoiler installl

im pretty sure its just a bolt on wing

Comment

yea hey slver 3800 i bought an ss spoiler awhile back and it was really really easy ill help ya out

1- open the trunk and remove the black plastic lining under the edge of the hatch, it helps to do it with a flat head screw driver, you might need to use a bit of force because there are a few like plastic screws that hold it in place
      2- unscrew or unbolt the original nuts for the spoiler
      3- before you take off the old spoiler completely undo the wiring harness that hooks the brake light up to the car's power, it should be just like a plastic buckle
      4- remove the entire spoiler, and clean the area where the spoiler was mounted with a disinfectant prep wipe to make sure no dirt gets in the under the spoiler
      5- mount the ss spoiler on the trunk, this was kind of a two person job for me in order to get a perfect fit
      6- once lined up correctly reinstall the wiring light for the led brake light, meaning plug the ss spoiler brake light cable into the stock buckle for the power coming out of the trunk
      7- make sure you test that the brake light works before you reinstall the bolts!
      8-reinstall the bolts and tighten for a perfect fit, not too tight tho or else everything will crack
      9 reinstall the black plastic liner for the trunk lid, you can pretty much pound it in place with your hands and the black plastic screws will form back into the metal trunk holes

your all set and enjoy!
      ~Robby
      Robby
      2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 V6

|JET Chip|Flowmaster American Thunder|K&N Intake|BMR STB|Spohn Rear Sway Bar|

http://speed-bros.com/
      sigpic

Comment

nice instructions.... sticky this?

Comment

x2 make this a sticky, i'm about to get a SS spoiler for mine and will be looking for these instructions.
          pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
          gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

thanks guys.. got it on perfectly fine and i didnt have the third break light problem i was reading about

Comment

Ok. Added to how to sticky.
              sigpic
              1996 Chevrolet Camaro
              1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
              --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                Hello everyone!
                by Andy H
                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                2 weeks ago
              • 3.4 slow to go
                hey there strangers!
                by 3.4 slow to go
                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X