paint themes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: paint themes?

^ that looks good. you need an accent in the black though. something to give it texture. it looks pretty 2-D now, and its definitely not a 2-D hood!
    2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
    2006 S60- Sold
    2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Be careful. You "might" be opening yet another can of worms going with another paint scheme. The next guy might mess the car up worse. I say take it back and tell them to correct it. Once it's correctly matched up, then if you want, put vinyl stripes on it. Trust me on this, especially if the same guy is suggesting another paint scheme. Sounds like he wants more money out of you rather than correcting his own mistake. Good luck Steve.
      Last edited by Shirl; 05-07-2008, 07:36 AM.
      2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
      1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
      2011 Cadillac CTS-V
      2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
      2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

its not the same guy. It was just one of my good buddies from highschool (who has a fully streetable 9.8 second nova :drool: ) who was just giving me some suggestions. I really dont want to take it to the same guy. 1. i wasnt impressed with his work at all, and 2. its a fairly far drive from my house...
        I'll probably just take it somewhere at the end of the summer, and tell them they can take as much time as they need to repaint it (seeing as i wont be home till the end of december) and see if that could lower the cost at all due to them being able to work on it whenever they have some free time.
        2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
        2006 S60- Sold

Comment

well so basically you'll just let him go of his own mistake? you were a paying customer... if he doesnt get it right next time... get a refund.... or just get a refund right now....

Horsepower is how fast you hit the Minivan... Torque is how far you take the Minivan with you... :wavey:

Originally posted by Firehawk N Wv
          Mine were rusted also and the I had to cut my nuts off .

Comment

Originally posted by Byrd14 View Post
            well so basically you'll just let him go of his own mistake? you were a paying customer... if he doesnt get it right next time... get a refund.... or just get a refund right now....
            I believe he said he got a decent amount of money off of the price of the paint job. If he really wanted to keep it up with the guy he would have said no and got all his money back or had him redo it for free.

I really like the SOM, I say get the hood painted the right color, do some research on the person who is painting it to find someone good even if it costs a little more, then you wont have to deal with crap. Also maybe go with black stripes or maybe something like that picture posted a few posts up.

Comment

Originally posted by cantrip View Post
              I believe he said he got a decent amount of money off of the price of the paint job. If he really wanted to keep it up with the guy he would have said no and got all his money back or had him redo it for free.

I really like the SOM, I say get the hood painted the right color, do some research on the person who is painting it to find someone good even if it costs a little more, then you wont have to deal with crap. Also maybe go with black stripes or maybe something like that picture posted a few posts up.
              yeah. he didnt charge me anything for labor...
              And i did the research. He claims that the problem was with the place that mixes the paints for him... he was highly recommended by a bunch of people. I saw some of his work too, and it was impressive.

Im not going to match the nose to the hood because i prefer the color of the original SOM. the hood color is too red for me.
              2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
              2006 S60- Sold

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X