No announcement yet.

Replacing door weatherstripping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordered some 20mm weather stripping to go along the top and side, can see alittle day light looking up through it inside the car so just being ready for rain. Rained past 2 days held up fine so far.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Got the weather stripping tape, won’t stick to the rubber, so going to use the 3m weather stripping silicone and just go over the stripping with fine layers of silicone to build it up.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

It’s coming along pretty good with the silicone, ran out of it. Got some coming this next Friday.

Comment

Turned out decent, don’t know if it leaks though, had snow on it a couple of days and no leaks.

Comment

Found a write-up for moving the windows in more, shoe box on one of the V8 websites. It rained and snowed past couple of days and they leaked a bit so hopefully this works. Probably do it next week when the weather is better.

Comment

http://shbox.com/1/adj_window.html Here it is nice read.

Comment

Going to try this shoebox method on the doors tomorrow, got a big storm coming in so don’t want my interior soaked. If I don’t get it tight enough I’ll throw my car cover on until I can get it not leaking.

Comment

Got the drivers side done the pictures on shoebox weren’t pictures of my 1996 Camaro. I loosened the 2 bolts at the top of the window of the door and moved the window in about 1/8”. Broke the window crank handle trying to get it off, ordered a new one. Will do the passenger side when I get the chance, knee is killing me see the doctor again next Thursday. Did the passenger side too. The bolts I adjusted isn’t doing much, going to try it again tomorrow.
                  Last edited by ssms5411; 01-14-2023, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Well can’t figure it out all the pictures and information didn’t help. So giving up for now.

Comment

Found a write up on LS1 tech, will try again when the weather clears up. Drivers side leaked pretty good last few days.

Comment

Going to let the weather clear up and going to go ahead and call my mobile mechanic this next week.

Comment

Going to be next Wednesday before he can look at it, pulled both door panels off been trying stuff but nothing is working.

Comment

Looks like the rain got on my drivers seat there’s white residue from the top running down to the seat. Going to use some upholstery cleaner on it, hopefully it gets rid of it. Supposed to rain tomorrow night so I’m gonna use my car cover and try to reinforce it so it doesn’t blow off. The wind is horrible up here.

Comment

Cleaned up the drivers seat, Meguires upholstery cleaner worked great, covered the car with my car cover hopefully it doesn’t blow off in the 30yards of bushes this time.just found my cable and lock for the car cover and put it on. Cable run under the car and attaches to each side of the cover. It’s not going anywhere.
                              Last edited by ssms5411; 01-22-2023, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Mechanic stopped by, no adjustments for inward on the glass, he said he remembers on convertibles there’s a adjustment but not on the coupe. Didn’t charge me anything so that’s good. Said the passenger side looks better than the driver side. Said maybe try more weather stripping silicone along where it’s not sealing. Thinking of backing it in so the driver’s side is facing the house since it’s the worse side and just using the car cover more, especially when it rains or snows.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
                                  hey there strangers!
                                  by 3.4 slow to go
                                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                  2 hours ago
                                • ssms5411
                                  Had to get another phone
                                  by ssms5411
                                  Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                  1 week ago
                                • ssms5411
                                  Leaking front cover
                                  by ssms5411
                                  So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                                  2 weeks ago
                                • transamtom1
                                  Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                                  by transamtom1
                                  Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X