Replacing door weatherstripping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing door weatherstripping

So decided to replace the door weatherstripping, still original so after almost 27 years I think it’s about time. Plus it’s been leaking from somewhere.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Got the weatherstripping today, will try and install tomorrow. Will post how it goes.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Got the interior panels out on the passenger side, pulled out the old weather stripping and noticed that I’ll need some weather stripping glue, ordered 3m weather stripping glue black. Some of it is going to be a pain, can already tell. Might have to get some help. Will see , get the glue Tuesday.

Comment

I searched the internet, no write ups on 93-02 Camaro on doing door frame weather stripping so should be fun. There’s 2 screws one on the inside door frame (about where the button for turning on/off the lights and one directly across , there the triangles of weather stripping.

Comment

Has anyone replaced their door frame weatherstripping? Any tips? Thanks

Comment

Passenger side is done, my neighbor came over and figured out how it goes on, time consuming but pretty easy. Going to do the drivers side tomorrow. I had it all turned around, for the side and top, you have to put the little bead into the channel around the frame, he used a screwdriver carefully but I found a plastic edged screwdriver in my tool box so will use that tomorrow. Went to close the passenger door with the new weatherstripping and had to do it twice, it’s so tight now. Hopefully fixes my leak.

Comment

Didn’t get done today, neighbor didn’t show when he said he was. Hopefully tomorrow, I got the side and bottom just need to finish the top, damm memory can’t remember what he did. Once done I’ll post some pics and what I did. Maybe help someone later on since I couldn’t find info on doing it.

Comment

Snowed and rained today so hopefully tomorrow.

Comment

Finally finished, had to use alittle silicone on the drivers side, just wasn’t sealing right but got it on. Going to let it dry overnight.

Comment

Here’s the passenger side, didn’t have to use any silicone, in the pic just get the lip inside the door frame for the sides and top. He messed up my drivers side, instead of starting over he made a slit with a razor and it pulled out, going to silicone it. Probably look like crap but shouldn’t leak.

Comment

Going to pull the drivers side back off and try and redo it. I figured since I didn’t need to use Silicone on the Passenger side shouldn’t need it for the driver side. But for the slit in the weatherstrip might need to silicone it , will still look like crap.

Comment

Got the drivers side redone but the slit in the weather stripping is messing up the whole weather stripping, using silicone to try and get it seated right. Letting it dry overnight. Then need to silicone the slit, it’s the top corner so not easy unless I want to spend $215 on another set. So trying real hard to fix this. Don’t know why he slit it still pisses me off.

Comment

Looking a little better, using a good amount of silicone, doing little by little. Almost have the slit filled in. Just doing it little at a time and letting it dry overnight. Hopefully only 2 more times and should be good. Won’t look good but will be functional.

Comment

Looks alot better, I figured 1-2 more times then should be done, still going to look like crap. Not going to ask for help with that neighbor anymore.lol

Comment

Well, got it finished the best I could, looks like crap but functional.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X