No announcement yet.

DIY paint job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wind died down around 8pm went and coated it again with base. Not too bad, raining and windy all today. Will either clear it tonight or tomorrow depending on the weather. Having a garage or enclosure would be the best thing and would make a big difference so if someone wants to try it , it would be a whole lot easier and come out better. Used 3 cans of base on the bumper. Probably use 2 cans of clear. Here’s a pic.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Got it clear coated, not too bad, couple of spots will hopefully come out when I wet sand it tomorrow and polish it with the buffer.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Got it wet sanded and back on, just need to do some polishing.

Comment

Rainy and windy today will finish polishing and clean the rest of the car tomorrow.

Comment

Looks good. I like it.

Comment

Thanks Edgar, it’s better than the old primer spoiler and bumper.

Comment

Cleaned up some. Going to start tuning it for winter this next week.

Comment

I wouldn’t recommend anyone painting their own probably saved a couple of hundred but I’d rather have it perfect. Take it to the paint shop.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                    Had to get another phone
                    by ssms5411
                    Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                    1 week ago
                  • ssms5411
                    Leaking front cover
                    by ssms5411
                    So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                    2 weeks ago
                  • transamtom1
                    Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                    by transamtom1
                    Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                    3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X