Front clip swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front clip swap

So I'm considering adding a new dimension to my rebuild of my 2000 camaro. I really like the earlier style 93-97 nose. It looks more aggressive than the " catfish" I'm gonna put the older style nose on the car with a 3inch cowl hood. Has anyone else done a front end swap like this ??

Wow , never heard of going backwards. Probably reverse of the newer swap. Fenders, bumper and hood. Yes I do think the older ones look better.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Yeah, the 93 to 97 look looks more original.

Comment

What about the intake? The earlier cars had to use the angled throttle body / intake vs the straight setup in 98+? Did that have any impact on how the rad / other things may have been setup? That's the only thing I can think of that may be an issue with the swap outside of getting the parts?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
        1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
          What about the intake? The earlier cars had to use the angled throttle body / intake vs the straight setup in 98+? Did that have any impact on how the rad / other things may have been setup? That's the only thing I can think of that may be an issue with the swap outside of getting the parts?
          The radiator support is exactly the same from 93-2002 so I don't think running the later model intake and plastic parts will be a problem. The only issue I might run into is with hooking up the headlights....I'm currently working on getting the parts, this project keeps getting bigger, lol. I'm still not done with the motor. Body wise, I'd really like to do the earlier nose and the wide body quarter panel kit, the tall 3 piece spoiler ( looks kinda like the spoiler on 2nd gens) and no ground effects. Then plasti dip the car in a matte black metallic.

Comment

I had always assumed part of the reason for the change in 98 was the air intake going to straight from angled on both the LS1 and the new 3800 intake. Does the 98-02 hood have more vertical clearance than the 93-97 up at the front?

...also, I forgot the widebody kit existed. Lol.

If you need any measurements from the front end of a 93-97, there's one I'm pulling apart currently in my garage.

Comment

Originally posted by Namrepus28 View Post
              I had always assumed part of the reason for the change in 98 was the air intake going to straight from angled on both the LS1 and the new 3800 intake. Does the 98-02 hood have more vertical clearance than the 93-97 up at the front?

...also, I forgot the widebody kit existed. Lol.

If you need any measurements from the front end of a 93-97, there's one I'm pulling apart currently in my garage.
              yea, a stock 93-97 hood wont work with the 98-2002 intake box.. Ive always been using a chris1313 ram air, personally i think its the best set up for NA. i dont wanna loose that so im researching aftermarket cowl hoods for the 93-97 nose to see if there's enough clearance....
              this idea for my project may die as i dont wanna sacrifice performance, i may do something different with the exterior all together..

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                Hello everyone!
                by Andy H
                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                2 weeks ago
              • 3.4 slow to go
                hey there strangers!
                by 3.4 slow to go
                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X