Coverlay dash replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coverlay dash replacement

My dash is quite cracked so I initially covered it with a carpet style cover from RockAuto. It looked a hell of a lot better, but still not quite right, y'know?... So I splashed out on a 'Coverlay' replacement. Haven't glued that sucker in as yet, but have a look at the pics. I think I'd give it about a 96% vote (the old vent still shows through a bit, but I'm just being pernickerty)Click image for larger version

Name:	Orig_1.jpg
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	1577363
    Attached Files

Not bad, I need one for my 1996 Camaro but was wondering how it would look. Thanks for the pics.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Actually looks pretty good! Is that mesh over the vent though? I feel like that could be a pain to clean...?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
      1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Yeah, the only negative for me is the mesh over the vent - would have liked it to be either darker or more like the original.. But, my dash was poked, so I'm really happy with it. A small vacuum cleaner should keep it clean, but we'll see how it stands up over time. The sales pitch says it will not crack like the original dashes did. For $180 including tax and shipping I think it is well worth it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X