Coverlay dash replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coverlay dash replacement

My dash is quite cracked so I initially covered it with a carpet style cover from RockAuto. It looked a hell of a lot better, but still not quite right, y'know?... So I splashed out on a 'Coverlay' replacement. Haven't glued that sucker in as yet, but have a look at the pics. I think I'd give it about a 96% vote (the old vent still shows through a bit, but I'm just being pernickerty)Click image for larger version

Name:	Orig_1.jpg
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	1577363
    Attached Files

Not bad, I need one for my 1996 Camaro but was wondering how it would look. Thanks for the pics.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods ,see Homepage. GT35R Turbo http://www.cardomain.com/ride/244123...vrolet-camaro/
    https://www.facebook.com/steve.starcher.18

Comment

Actually looks pretty good! Is that mesh over the vent though? I feel like that could be a pain to clean...?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
      1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Yeah, the only negative for me is the mesh over the vent - would have liked it to be either darker or more like the original.. But, my dash was poked, so I'm really happy with it. A small vacuum cleaner should keep it clean, but we'll see how it stands up over time. The sales pitch says it will not crack like the original dashes did. For $180 including tax and shipping I think it is well worth it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• RockAuto
          Save on A/C Compressor Kits, Fuel Injectors & Distributors
          by RockAuto
          Four Seasons and Autoline are offering RockAuto customers a 10% instant manufacturer rebate on select A/C Kits, Fuel Injectors & Distributors throughout...
          2 hours ago
        • LETZRIDE
          How Tinting Your Windows Can Help Your Car
          by LETZRIDE

Your car will need care just like you do. You want it to last and have protection. It may surprise you buy window tinting can make your car last longer and keep your upholstery looking like new. While many assume window tinting is just for looks, it isn't. It can provide extended-lasting benefits to protect your vehicle.

Shade

The first reason is shade. Tinting your windows will protect you from sun damage and blocks harsh sunshine and windshield glare. That...
          20 hours ago
        • LETZRIDE
          Benefits of Clazzio leather seat covers for cars
          by LETZRIDE

Are cars mere machines used for transport from one place to another? Are they just a way of satisfying your social hunger? I am sure passionate car owners would feel otherwise. Don’t you love the freedom you experience when you explore the sensations that go through your body. It is not possible to experience the speed the swiftness without being in a car.

But when it comes to caring, do you maintain your car in a good manner? Even though the answer might be yes, I am...
          20 hours ago
        • mdiesel
          Front clip swap
          by mdiesel
          So I'm considering adding a new dimension to my rebuild of my 2000 camaro. I really like the earlier style 93-97 nose. It looks more aggressive than the...
          4 days ago
        • LETZRIDE
          Reupholstering Seats
          by LETZRIDE
          Got a deal on some used leathers that were in better shape than the one in my Camaro now. The previous owner didn’t really look after this car and the...
          2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X