Matte black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matte black

What’s your guys thought on matte black? Been thinking about it for my Camaro, should be getting it painted next year. I also want to add my white stripes I already have but don’t know if it would look right. What’s your thoughts?
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Me, personally, I don't like it. It looks unfinished to me.

Comment

Yeah , was just curious, since I don’t have a garage if matte black easier to keep clean.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I'm with Bird on this, I think matte looks cheap. Never had a matte finish, so I can't be 100% sure about easier to clean, but due to the surface texture verses high gloss I would guess it would be harder to keep clean. Just my two cents worth

Comment

I’ll see how my buddies truck turns out he ordered a custom truck , that’s being built with a matte finish. It’s a Ford F-350 with extended to 6 doors and 6” lift . It’s also built with a wheel chair lift since he was paralyzed from the chest down. Said it’s like 120k for all the mods he picked out.

Comment

Here’s a teaser pic they sent him, should be ready end of September. I’ll get a chance to check it out in person.

Comment

Truck looks sweet - I have never really liked the "matte black" but I like Satin black. To me satin black is a more finished matte black. It gives you the sheen of a finished job. I remember back when I inquired about doing a matte job on my old Camaro the paint guy was pointing out the difference to me.

Satin black is like these:

Attached Files

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
              1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Thanks for the pics Mike, yeah satin looks great. Trying to picture white stripes on them , I think it would look good.

Comment

Do they make a white plasti-dip? Maybe you can spray it in place and see?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                  1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
                    Do they make a white plasti-dip? Maybe you can spray it in place and see?
                    Don’t know, but I already have the stripe kit paid $220 for it. Reason I want to use vinyl is so if I don’t like it after awhile I can peel it off.

Comment

Wow, that's a huge truck.

Comment

Here’s the inside pics.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Saw a Corvette the other day with Satin black looked awesome, I think I’ll probably go with the Satin black. It wasn’t a the new style Corvette the body style of the previous generation.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                            Had to get another phone
                            by ssms5411
                            Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                            1 week ago
                          • ssms5411
                            Leaking front cover
                            by ssms5411
                            So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                            2 weeks ago
                          • transamtom1
                            Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                            by transamtom1
                            Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                            3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X