How do you install tire stickers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you install tire stickers?

I have seen those white tire stickers on cars and they look pretty awesome. I was wondering what is involved in installing tire stickers on your car and where can you buy them?

From what I understand tires are pretty dirty even from the factory. Most people that I know that have done this on there cars have used soap and warm water to initially clean it before moving to a stiff bristle brush and scrubbing them really good. They also apply some acetone or alcohol to make sure they get any greasiness off before they actually put the on. Especially if you have every put tire shine on your tires you will want to make sure all that grease is off.

Comment

Tuf Shine has a pretty good cleaner, you'll need to scrub the tires literally 10 times unless they're brand new. (I highly recommend their clear-coat in-lieu of regular tire shine).

I put white letters on my S10 without any problems. Unfortunately, they all started browning, and won't clean up.
      <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

I have looked at tire stickers and considered getting them for my Camaro. I have held off because I am not sure how they would look with the Vette rims. If I dropped to a 15" rim I would 100% do it.

I didn't even think about if the stickers start to yellow...

Where did you buy yours?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
        1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
          Hello everyone!
          by Andy H
          Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
          3 weeks ago
        • 3.4 slow to go
          hey there strangers!
          by 3.4 slow to go
          been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
          3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X