How much for paint job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much for paint job?

Going to get the Camaro painted in April, anyone know the average price for repaint? Going to get estimates after the new year. I was thinking between 2-3k.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

That was around the quote I got once upon a time in Canadian Funds, so adjusting for inflation over 9 years *typing on calculator*, conversion to American *more typing*, yeah, I'd say 2-3k for a respray of the same colour should be in that range.

Comment

Originally posted by Namrepus28 View Post
      That was around the quote I got once upon a time in Canadian Funds, so adjusting for inflation over 9 years *typing on calculator*, conversion to American *more typing*, yeah, I'd say 2-3k for a respray of the same colour should be in that range.
      Cool, thanks
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by Namrepus28 View Post
        Do you know of a place around us that is that cheap? I have some panels that need repairing on my camaro and truck...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
        1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post

Do you know of a place around us that is that cheap? I have some panels that need repairing on my camaro and truck...
          I know a place up in my neck of the woods that's reasonable, but if you're still in the GTA that'd be a 4hr drive.

It's a construction company that has it's own body shop but they also service the public at what I'm told are very reasonable prices and they do good quality work. Thomas Cavanagh Construction Limited. They're in Ashton (just outside of Ottawa).

I tried looking up the body shops I had gotten quotes from years ago, but I couldn't find one of them with a quick search and the other had some mixed google reviews so I can't say I'd recommend them.

Comment

Ok good to know thanks! I should probably visit a few. Although I am debating giving the gr8schlotszky's guide a try and rattle canning it myself. He got awesome results and I am hoping I could pull off the same.

I think I'll make the truck the guinea pig if I go that route

Comment

It just depends on the shop. The 3rd gen I used to have I was qouted for close to 4k. He guaranteed show quality and good warranty.

Comment

Yeah, that’s what I’m looking for something like a 5-6 year warranty. There’s a Macco I’m going on to get a estimate and 2 others.

Comment

Make sure you get the premium, which I think is there most expensive one. Maaco has had a nad reputation because their cheapest basic paint is only good for 2 years.

My dad backed in to my brother's door and side panel. And they took it to Maaco. They did a good job matching the color and fixing the dents. That was 2012 and it's still good today.

Comment

Sounds good, will see what the others say first before going to Macco.

Comment

I didn’t realize maaco had different levels to their paint service. Does anyone know what the difference is between the basic and premium that it would make a difference?

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
                        I didn’t realize maaco had different levels to their paint service. Does anyone know what the difference is between the basic and premium that it would make a difference?
                        Been researching them and seems they prep more and use better paint. And have a warranty.

Comment

Their basic doesn't come with clear coat. It's just glossy paint.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                            Had to get another phone
                            by ssms5411
                            Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                            1 week ago
                          • ssms5411
                            Leaking front cover
                            by ssms5411
                            So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                            2 weeks ago
                          • transamtom1
                            Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                            by transamtom1
                            Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                            3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X