Ceramic Car Coating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ceramic Car Coating

Has anyone looked into this? I had a buddy of mine tell me the other day he was spending close to a grand on doing this to his car and that it comes with a 5 year warranty.

Apparently it creates something like an extra clear coat? Is this all just marketing hype or does anyone have experience with this stuff?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro
    1996 3800 camaro- Gone - still the fastest N/A Canadian 3.8L F-body
    V6 best: 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

My Current Build | Synthetic Oil | Videos

Sounds interesting, something id probably do, since Im getting it painted next year. Let me know what you find out.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods ,see Homepage. GT35R Turbo http://www.cardomain.com/ride/244123...vrolet-camaro/

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
      Sounds interesting, something id probably do, since Im getting it painted next year. Let me know what you find out.
      Apparently it is better than wax as it doesn’t allow water to stick to the surface and beads it off along with dirt. It lasts a number of years, so you pay once type of thing and don’t have to worry about waxing it again.

The one thing that disappointed me to hear is that it will still leave water spots if it rains or you don’t dry it after a car wash.

Since I enjoy waxing my car and it is the cheaper option, for now I will stick to that. If they come up with something that prevents water spots and keeps the camaro clean so I only have to wash it once a month I’ll strongly consider it...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro
      1996 3800 camaro- Gone - still the fastest N/A Canadian 3.8L F-body
      V6 best: 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

My Current Build | Synthetic Oil | Videos

Comment

Yeah , thanks for the info, I only wash mine once a month , ill probably stick to wax.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods ,see Homepage. GT35R Turbo http://www.cardomain.com/ride/244123...vrolet-camaro/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
          Got a new phone
          by ssms5411
          Got a the iPhone 11 pro max. First iPhone for me, have acouple of iPods so thought I would try it. Pretty good so far.
          1 day ago
        • warejohn
          Front wheel ABS sensor jumper harness replacement?
          by warejohn
          Where might I find a new/reproduction or NOS jumper harness that plugs into the front wheel ABS sensors? Car is a 03 Camaro V6 auto. Location: Garden...
          1 week ago
        • warejohn
          Hello from Garden City..
          by warejohn
          Hello all this is John. I'm glad to be the part of this community, hope to discover some interesting discussions from fellows
          1 week ago
        • ssms5411
          ZZP mini afc
          by ssms5411
          Anyone try these for their 3.8 turbo yet? I had one a way long ago, they make one thats non adjustable and one that is adjustable. The non adjustable...
          1 week ago
        • ssms5411
          Seafoam story
          by ssms5411
          So last tank of gas I put like 8 cans of seafoam in the gas tank. I start my Camaro every other day to mainly charge the battery. Have a draw I can't...
          1 week ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X