Is this clearcoat damage?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this clearcoat damage?

It looks like the bottom rear panels by the doors have hazed up. When I scratch at it with my finger nail I can get some of the hazing off- wondering how I can repair this if it is clearcoat peeling? Would rubbing compound work to take it off? And if so, would the clear coat be totally gone and need to be resprayed?

Clear coat perl

Clear coat peel

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro
    1996 3800 camaro- Gone - still the fastest N/A Canadian 3.8L F-body
    V6 best: 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

My Current Build | Synthetic Oil | Videos

I can't tell looks bad though. Hopefully you can buff it out.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods ,see Homepage. GT35R Turbo http://www.cardomain.com/ride/244123...vrolet-camaro/

Comment

I think that's the start of it . Then it would become brittle and starts to peal.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
        Engine work to be done
        by ssms5411
        Not until November, but my mechanic said he would do my double rolling timing chain , oil volume mod, ST5 cam, OER lifters, and put on my ported/polished...
        1 day ago
      • Dragonack
        4th gen Camaro
        by Dragonack
        Have a family friend that has a fourth gen Camaro with the 3800 motor is blown and transmission is slipping has some good parts if you want to inquire...
        4 days ago
      • ssms5411
        Ordered some waterless carwash from chemical guys
        by ssms5411
        So anyone else use this stuff, will be the first time using it, right now I just use detail spray and go over the Camaro since it needs painted. And I...
        4 days ago
      • Mad99fbird
        Hello from Houston Tx
        by Mad99fbird
        Hello everyone. I'm Matt and me with my son are building a 1999 firebird v6 turbo drag car. It's a father and son project we are doing in our garage....
        4 days ago
      • LETZRIDE
        Where to get tool drawer locks
        by LETZRIDE
        I am revisiting building a tool box again this year... possibly if I can find the time with a few other projects that are taking precedents first. If...
        5 days ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X