C5 Wheels and new tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C5 Wheels and new tires

I found a cheap set of C-5 wheels(100.00-set) and found a nice set of tires on Walmart's website. I paid 124.00 for the fronts(245/45/17's) and 130.00(275/40/18's) on the rear(shipping was free). Considering that I'm setting this Camaro up on a budget I found these tires to be a pretty good value.The tires are Achilles brand. All the reviews I read were positive and I hit a few mountain twisties and found them to be very sticky on some aggressive turns. I really couldn't stand the black painted factory rims so to keep the cost down this was my option.
    I realize these wheels aren't everybody's favorite but the 18's are about 18lbs so they aren't all that heavy. The Camaro feels really good on the freeway with very little feedback and I'm still getting about 28mpg.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Rebel550; 01-13-2019, 09:26 PM.

Looks good, I didn't like the black either. I have BFG G-force 275/40/17s all around, 2nd time getting them, 1st time I got them they lasted 10 years and still had good tread, only replaced them because they were dry rotted. Dont drive the Camaro that much.lol Nice find on the C5s.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

not bad - cheap upgrade to get a bigger tire out back. What tires did you go with?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
      1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
        not bad - cheap upgrade to get a bigger tire out back. What tires did you go with?
        Achilles Sports. What I really like about the wheels from a safety stand point is that they are hub centric and fit without having to use any shims.
        Last edited by Rebel550; 01-15-2019, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Moving along I installed the hatch shocks, marker and driving lights that were bad, rear shocks that were leaking and sway bar bushings/end links. I have a few more items to repair but work is getting busy again so my punch list will have to wait.

Comment

I found doing the headlights on these cars to be a PITA - didn't help I had aftermarket lights to put in since the previous owner had a hole in the lense.

Shocks are pretty easy minus the fronts can be a bit of a pain.

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
              I found doing the headlights on these cars to be a PITA - didn't help I had aftermarket lights to put in since the previous owner had a hole in the lense.

Shocks are pretty easy minus the fronts can be a bit of a pain.
              I purchased the ready strut assemblies from Rock Auto. I really like the way the come, just pop them in and have it aligned. A way safer approach to installation.
              I found the headlights not that bad but the driving lights down below will be a challenge.

Comment

Ya I remember it not being fun to get the kyb’s I had on in. When I switched to QA1’s and put them on the softest setting it was a little easier to compress by hand to get them in and lined up

Comment

Thats pretty cool they came assembled, yeah its a pain putting them together. Ill find out again when I swap out my QA1s for Koni's.
                  08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                  96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
                    hey there strangers!
                    by 3.4 slow to go
                    been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                    3 hours ago
                  • ssms5411
                    Had to get another phone
                    by ssms5411
                    Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                    1 week ago
                  • ssms5411
                    Leaking front cover
                    by ssms5411
                    So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                    2 weeks ago
                  • transamtom1
                    Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                    by transamtom1
                    Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                    3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X