Whats a good wash and wax soap all in one? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats a good wash and wax soap all in one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats a good wash and wax soap all in one?

As the title says, ive been shopping on chemical brothers and they have alot. Want to buy by the gallon if possible, thanks
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

I personally like the new turtlewax ice wash/wax stuff or I have been a fan of the Meguiars Gold car wash- it suds up nicely for me and maintains my wax/polish job for the year.

What’s your method for washing the car Steve? That might play into the type of soap you get too- I am hands on with a brush and just a regular hose/nozzle

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
      I personally like the new turtlewax ice wash/wax stuff or I have been a fan of the Meguiars Gold car wash- it suds up nicely for me and maintains my wax/polish job for the year.

What’s your method for washing the car Steve? That might play into the type of soap you get too- I am hands on with a brush and just a regular hose/nozzle
      I just rinsh it off and use a bucket with foam brush then rinse it off and dry. I think i have meguiars right now but almost out so either ill get that again or something new. Been looking at chemical brothers, or is it chemical guys , i forget.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Oh this is mainly for the truck, i think im going to have the outside detailed this year, try and do it once a year, Camaro i just use detail spray since it needs a paint job which im planning on doing next year.

Comment

I've been doing the rinse-less car washes mostly unless the car is really muddy. My favorite is Ultima Waterless + Concentrate. I usually follow that up with sealant & quick detailer from Chemical Guys. I haven't been disappointed with anything I've ordered from those guys.
          <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

Originally posted by sac2165 View Post
            I've been doing the rinse-less car washes mostly unless the car is really muddy. My favorite is Ultima Waterless + Concentrate. I usually follow that up with sealant & quick detailer from Chemical Guys. I haven't been disappointed with anything I've ordered from those guys.
            Yeah you got me hooked on the chemical guys, just ordered some tire shine ,towels and foam brushes. Dont really need waterless soap, but they do have a soap and wax im looking at.

Comment

Originally posted by sac2165 View Post
              You don’t worry about any scratching of the paint with waterless car washes? Maybe I just don’t know enough about them but I would feel like your cloth would act like sandpaper without water?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
              1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post

You don’t worry about any scratching of the paint with waterless car washes? Maybe I just don’t know enough about them but I would feel like your cloth would act like sandpaper without water?
                Absolutely, I was a huge skeptic before I started following a car detailer forum. Realistically I think you get the same amount of abraision whether you use old fashioned soap, or a rinseless wash. The biggest improvement to maintaining pristine paint is using quality, clean microfiber towels.

I'll go with a full foam, heavy suds on a dirty car, but I always follow that with a rinseless to get everything. I like all of the chemical guys soaps, it just comes down to what flavor I'm in the mood for.

Comment

You have a black car too like me. They are so hard to wash and to keep it looking clean for at least a week. I can only do car wash stations. I often take my turtle wax soap and wax with me, but it comes to rinsing it I use their spotless rinse instead of pressure wash. I also wash my black car at night too so the sun doesn't dry it off too soon.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
                    You have a black car too like me. They are so hard to wash and to keep it looking clean for at least a week. I can only do car wash stations. I often take my turtle wax soap and wax with me, but it comes to rinsing it I use their spotless rinse instead of pressure wash. I also wash my black car at night too so the sun doesn't dry it off too soon.
                    Yeah, for my camaro i haven't washed it in about 6 months just use detailer spray i got from chemical guys, going to have it painted next year since the paint sucks. I've been using Meguiars gold for the truck, still have alot and then have a full bottle of some concentrated stuff , so when i go through that ill probably try some something new from chemical guys.

Comment

I've really like the Chemical Guys V07 Spray Sealant. I haven't waxed my pick-up in about 3 years, it's black, and it is almost impossible to get the water spots off, or hide the swirls. I've found that doing a 90% dry with microfiber, and the V07 Spray will do a pretty decent job and get the water to bead for a couple of weeks.

I talk a lot about Chemical Guys, but there are a ton of small guys out there that offer similar products. I've also had good luck with Groits, Jax Wax and Poor Boys.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                        Hello everyone!
                        by Andy H
                        Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                        3 weeks ago
                      • 3.4 slow to go
                        hey there strangers!
                        by 3.4 slow to go
                        been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                        3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X