Paint shops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint shops

Any know if Macco doee good work? Next year getting my Camaro repainted and having 30tb anniversary stripee put on. Havent priced them out yet but it should be over a thousand at least with a 5 year warranty. Will be contacting several other paint shops and getting quotes. Anyone use Macco before?
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

I personally do not like MAACO. I've personally seen about 5 paintjobs that they've done go to total crap within a few months. Then again, the people getting them wanted to save as much $-dough-$ as possible. Literally, on two separate paintjobs, the newly painted sections started to show rust coming through within a month. Those jerks didn't even use primer! The other paintjobs began to "spider" really bad after being exposed to the elements.

My two cents: I d say to stay FAR away from them. They're good for getting the exterior ready for a quick sale. But I guess you'd get what you pay for...

Anyhow, good luck if you choose them.
    sigpic

Comment

Oh, and for a good quality paintjob on most standard sized cars, you're looking to spend around $2500-$3000. That should net you at least a 2 year warranty. Lots of work goes into it prepping and painting it, so you're really not getting ripped off by shopping at a reputable place.
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, i had it painted 8 years ago and it was $1800 but i went from white to black and they gave me a 6 year warranty. If i pay 3 grand i would expect at least a 10 year warranty. Im still pricing them out though.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I have heard with Maaco that if you do the prep work yourself the job comes out way better. Apparently they lack on the prep work and that is the one thing that makes all the difference and takes the most time.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
          1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

I think you get what you pay for with these cheap paint jobs. I'd be more inclined to do the body work myself and do a rattle can job with a ton of wet sanding in between.
            <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
              Had to get another phone
              by ssms5411
              Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
              1 week ago
            • ssms5411
              Leaking front cover
              by ssms5411
              So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
              2 weeks ago
            • transamtom1
              Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
              by transamtom1
              Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
              3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X