Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Detailing Products

Rainy day in the shop, decided to organize my stuff:

For interiors, this thing is almost creepy how well it works. It will take grease out of upholstery, soda out of headliners, detail your engine bay, anything you can think of.

I haven't found anything better than Bleche Wite for cleaning tires. I also like Jax Wax stuff, they're local, by the airport. Their wheel cleaner goes from green to purple as it cleans - Pretty cool.

I use these car washes through my foam cannon as a regular wash and when I claybar. I like going with two buckets when I wash using the grate for the dirty water. The purple stuff comes with a childproof lid - for good reason, it smells delicious.

When I do a correction, you can't go wrong with products from Griot's Garage.

Last edited by sac2165; 08-08-2017, 08:55 AM.
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Between compounds I use a rinse-less car wash either Optimum, Griot's or Ultima. I buy microfiber towels from Costco, and go through about 5 per detail. The gray towel is from Griot's, it will dry an entire car on one pass. $40 is pretty steep, but I haven't seen anything like it.

To finish up, I like old-fashioned carnuba wax, buffed off with some Griot's spray wax. I like to keep a bottle of detail spray in the car, and I haven't found anything that smells better than this Hawaiian stuff. I keep a bottle in the kitchen to wipe everything down. Finally, I like Plexus to use on anything plastic and shiny. I think it keeps the fake wood plastic trim looking sharp.
    Last edited by sac2165; 08-08-2017, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Where do i buy this stuff at? Sounds like its good stuff. Nevermind found the Griots website alot of good stuff.
      Last edited by ssms5411; 07-14-2017, 01:07 AM.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Either Amazon or direct from Jax Wax. I follow couple professional detailer websites, and this is what the pros use. The biggest thing I've bought are tons of microfiber towels.

Comment

I found out today that vinegar works best on chrome rims, cleaned my chrome zr1s up pretty good. I had water spots all over the rims and used white vinegar and there new agian.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I got a package from Chemical Guys last night - The wife was impressed with this stuff:

Comment

Wash & clay, then apply a sealant like Dr Beasley's Plasma Coat or Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze. After that, I have a multitude of wax's to choose from. Everything from Collinite #845 to Pinnacle Signature Series, Adam's Patriot Wax, P21S, and many others that I've purchased over the years. In my opinion, the cheaper synthetic wax's like NuFinish and Meguiar's Paste Wax, by far, last the longest.

If I have the time, I'll usually do a tri-coat. Start with a paint sealant, move to a synthetic wax, then top it off with something like P21S.

The newest product that I'm trying is the Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze, and that stuff is awesome. Highly recommended!

I have used products like Simoniz' Glasscoat, but I honestly wasn't too impressed with the water beading. Maybe it's still protecting on a molecular level, but in-order to set my mind at ease, I like to physically see it working.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sac2165 View Post
                I got a package from Chemical Guys last night - The wife was impressed with this stuff:

I had to order some stripper scent and i got some towels from chemical guys.

Comment

Hahaha Stripper Scent that's awesome lol.

What polishers are you guys using? I've been looking at the porter cable one to replace the super cheap one I just broke ... was doing a bunch of reading on them and I can't really find much bad about them

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                  1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Mike if you find a good porter cable let me know ,mine was lost in the move.

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
                      What polishers are you guys using? I've been looking at the porter cable one to replace the super cheap one I just broke ... was doing a bunch of reading on them and I can't really find much bad about them
                      I've got 1 Porter Cable (the old style) and 2 standard non-orbital polishers. I actually prefer the non-orbital when trying to remove scratches and swirls only because they work a bit faster. But that comes with a price since they can also burn through the paint/clearcoat much faster also.

Many of different brands of polishing pads in my collection. Everything from cheap sets that I purchased on ebay, all the way up to Lake Country sets that I got from Autogeek, and everything inbetween. I keep them all in a large rubbermaid tote.

As for polishing compounds, I like to use Menzerna. I own other polishing brands too, but Menzerna has always done very well for me.

The wife yells at me because I have so much car-crap, but then I inquire about her about her shoe collection and she leaves me alone. That's my strongest ammunition I have to repel her. ;)
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
                        I use the Griot's 6" Random Orbital. For scratches, I start off with the Griots machine polish series. If that doesn't work, I move down to Meguir's 205, then 105. From my experimentation on 2000+ GM's, it takes about 5 good passes with the 105 to burn through the clear.

The 205 & 105 will leave a noticeable haze that needs to be polished.

The Chemical Guys Hex pads are the best I've used. I use 4 different types for corrections.

I have an excessive amount of car stuff, but the wife is happy she always has detailed car even though the kids treat all of my stuff like a garbage can.

Comment

Just got the stripper scent ,its awesome. Lol

Comment

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Stripper...air_069_16.htm
                            Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

I cleaned up the truck today, used the big gray towel from chemical guys, worked amazing, one pass and it was dry, even got my snug top cover dry. And of course used my stripper scent.lol

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                Had to get another phone
                                by ssms5411
                                Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                1 week ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Leaking front cover
                                by ssms5411
                                So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • transamtom1
                                Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                                by transamtom1
                                Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X