Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Heads and Cam Bible.

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
    If you get Hptuners and read the guides that are posted, you would get the hang of it pretty quick. Real easy to use. Once you start using it , you'll understand it. There is also a help section on it, that will tell you what the section you are in and what it does. I still use it and I have had it for 4 years. I always find something to mess with.
    All right so that's about $500 for a tuning suite unit right? So setting it up for the new cam is fairly easy then? Also if I was going to do a cam I figured I might as well do the heads at the same time, while I'm at it do the lifters, pushrods, rocker arms. If I'm doing that I also need to replace the injectors according to an earlier post... Is there anything else that I need to do? Or is that pretty much it?

Comment

I would stick with the stock rockers and save some money their rated at 1.699 so pretty close to 1.7, with a aftermarket cam, you most likley won't be able to run a higher ratio rocker arm. With the heads, depends if you do it yourself or buy ones. If you buy ones already P/P they most likley come with the springs and retainers/locks. I would just get a cam that you can run Comp 105lb springs, so you don't have to switch out to a double roller timing chain running 130lb springs.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
        I would stick with the stock rockers and save some money their rated at 1.699 so pretty close to 1.7, with a aftermarket cam, you most likley won't be able to run a higher ratio rocker arm. With the heads, depends if you do it yourself or buy ones. If you buy ones already P/P they most likley come with the springs and retainers/locks. I would just get a cam that you can run Comp 105lb springs, so you don't have to switch out to a double roller timing chain running 130lb springs.
        Ahh, thanks for the heads up. As for the heads and cam I was planning on getting stage 2 abbott racing heads with the NA comp cam they sell. Just because that particular cam is available with abbott I figure why not? Looks like all of the abbott heads come with comp cam 130# springs... Are you saying that if I use those springs I'll need to switch to a double roller timing chain? Maybe I'm readin something wrong here...
        Last edited by Timwiltshire; 07-29-2008, 07:26 PM.

Comment

The cams for all V6 Chevy can Interchange? If not the cams listed in the cam bible are for the 3.8 and some for the Grand Prix didn't really see any for the 3.4 there,if they are I think they should be in categories or itemise so you know which for which engine.
          Last edited by Barbadian Camaro; 01-24-2009, 07:05 AM. Reason: add on

Comment

whats a good cam to use with nitrous?

im leaning towards the zzp vs cam
            Last edited by Fondle; 05-18-2009, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Re: Cam Bible

I see all of the different cams, how do I know which is right for my engine. I have a 88 camaro with a 2.8/ 60* with auto and I changing the 2.8 heads to a set of 3.1 mpfi heads with carb and points dist. I am going to run bracket racing only with the car. Can anyone help me out.

Comment

Re: Cam Bible

Originally posted by charlie 1 View Post
                I see all of the different cams, how do I know which is right for my engine. I have a 88 camaro with a 2.8/ 60* with auto and I changing the 2.8 heads to a set of 3.1 mpfi heads with carb and points dist. I am going to run bracket racing only with the car. Can anyone help me out.
                a third gen owner! welcome.

i would recommend starting a new thread on this, and telling us a little more.

Comment

Greetings to all, am new to these site and I have several question regarding cam and lifters for a 2.8/ 3.1/ 3.4 60* engine, which is in a 88 Camaro with auto, I want to run it a the strip a lot and I have a set of 3.1 mpfi heads for it. I use to drag race in the 60"s and got out to have a family. Now that I am retire I can start over. I know that a lot of thing have chance over the years that why I am so confuse with the different cam combo that are out there and who has the best combo, Meling, Com. I am in the strip down mod getting rid of needlessly parts. I welcome the help.

Comment

honestly i would pull the motor to change cam 2hours out 2hours in so 4-5 hours total with two people and if u remember were everything s from the last time u pulled it

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                      Hello everyone!
                      by Andy H
                      Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                      3 weeks ago
                    • 3.4 slow to go
                      hey there strangers!
                      by 3.4 slow to go
                      been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                      3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X