Oil is leaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil is leaking

So the snow has finally melted, and about 3 days ago I re- sealed my egr tube because it was leaking again. Since then my car has been running great no more egr leak. Well today when I started up my car I noticed a ticking noise again. So I assumed it was my egr again, and drove to church.

Then when leaving I noticed a puddle of oil under my car. I couldn't see where it was leaking from, So I drove it home and then tried starting the car and heard the ticking sound again and looked and I can see where the oil is leaking from. It's the plug in thing above my oil filter. It's leaking right on top of the oil filter onto the ground. Looks like some oil leaked onto the lower part of the engine also. The oil only leaks when the engine is running.

When I turn the car off the oil stops leaking. I looked at the oil gauge and its moving a little at idle and when I rev the car the oil gauge moves quite a bit. Pretty sure a while back, the needle on the oil gauge never moved at all. Any ideas what it could be? or what to do?

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
    Hello everyone!
    by Andy H
    Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
    2 weeks ago
  • 3.4 slow to go
    hey there strangers!
    by 3.4 slow to go
    been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
    3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X