Walbro 255?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walbro 255?

So I was about to purchase this from ebay and the seller told me it won't work for my 98 v6 firebird.

He said it's only for v8. I thought v8 and v6 used the same fuel pump.

So this is what I'm trying to purchase. Also is necessary to change the wire?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Wal...pid=1039419383

Interesting - Walbro only listed 99+ for Firebirds - and doesn't list V8s???

https://walbrofuelpumps.com/
    Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Didn't you already have a Walbro 255 installed? I would remove the old one and check the part number on it. Mine was plug and play but its a 96'. Just got the ones for the v8, i think it was. Been almost 17 years so i forget.
      Last edited by ssms5411; 10-14-2018, 11:43 PM.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Oh, I know their list is sort of confusing too. They have one for Fieros and GN too. So do you think it's good for me to get it or just buy the one from 3800.com, which is more expensive.

Comment

Texas speed has the Racetronix kit for a 98' its for the v8 I think, and its $149. Might want to email them or call to see if it fits yours.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Thanks Steve. I'll check it out.

Comment

I thought I had one on ebay fits mine but says won't fit your 98' Firebird. I wonder what the difference is , I'm sure it could be modified to fit. I know I ditched the bucket on mine and used hose clamps and the harness ws just 2 wires so I don't see it being too hard and since you have the trap door, it shouldn't be too hard. But I would call and see if that Texas Speed one will work. Racetonix is well known so tht would be the better route.

Comment

What you want is:

GSS169 - Walbro F20000169 and 400-1016 Kit

Raven

Comment

I went ahead and ordered the one for mine that says it fits. Can't find my spare Walbro 255 so I spent the $80 . Being how old mine is I like having spares.lol

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                    I went ahead and ordered the one for mine that says it fits. Can't find my spare Walbro 255 so I spent the $80 . Being how old mine is I like having spares.lol
                    From where?

Raven

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post

From where?
                      Ebay, says it fits and from the pictures it looks correct, will see. Its a walbro GSS341

Comment

I just ordered my racetronix from Texas Speed for 92 buck, with shipping it came down to 110. Not bad. Thanks Steve.

Comment

Good to hear Edgar. Was it the v8 kit that works or something different? Just want to know for other people searching.
                          Last edited by ssms5411; 10-16-2018, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post

Ebay, says it fits and from the pictures it looks correct, will see. Its a walbro GSS341
                            Can't find it.

Raven

Comment

Says its a universal fit. Will see, the one in there is the high flow 255, I think it was a universal fit too.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                10 hours ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Had to get another phone
                                by ssms5411
                                Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                1 week ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Leaking front cover
                                by ssms5411
                                So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • transamtom1
                                Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                                by transamtom1
                                Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X