4.8L LSx swap into '94

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.8L LSx swap into '94

I thought I started a thread last summer, but I have a '94 3.4L hardtop with the 4L60E, it already has the LS1 steering rack, which doesn't surprise me since the car is over 310,600 miles, and I have an '01 4.8L. Sure, this swap could be done by swapping in all the LS1 stuff, but that stuff is expensive when you can find it. I fabricated my own mild steel oilpan, and it may fit better than the correct pan when keeping the V6 K-member under the engine, but didn't end up being much cheaper. It's not really heavy, but if I can sell ot to someone doing an off-road 4x4, I'll get the correct pan. If I have to notch the K, I'll show that. I'll start with Trans-Dapt 4536 swap mounts, trying to bolt it to the 3.4 rubber mounts on the K. I have a pair of '98-'99 Z28 exhaust manifolds already, and I shaved the op of the '01 truck intake manifold. I'll probably have to trim the cowl, and I may have to space the K down, but I'll show whatever proves necessary. I'm on a really tight budget, but I do have a steady income. The heads are already ported, I already installed an '04 LS1 cam, and I'm expecting 350 HP, stock was 270.
    Attached Files

Re: 4.8L LSx swap into '94

Let us know how it goes maybe start a build thread.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

That will be a big improvement over the 3.4L.

What are you doing for a transmission?

Just seen that your using a 4L80E in another thread.

Break out the BFH;)
      Last edited by transamtom1; 02-13-2016, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I'm going 4L80E. Eventually...
        I'm so sick of the 3.4 never running on all 6, no matter what I replace. OBD2 code readers don't work on it, the paper clip trick doesn't work, new CTS, new IAT, new TPS, new 02s, new spark plugs and wires, I'm not replacing anything else. I'm throwing it in the trash where it belongs.
        They make adapters to use the V6/60 engine with SBC TH350s, I got mine from Speedway. That's how I'll be keeping my V6-spec 4L60E until it fails.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
          Hello everyone!
          by Andy H
          Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
          2 weeks ago
        • 3.4 slow to go
          hey there strangers!
          by 3.4 slow to go
          been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
          3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X