Head Casting Number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head Casting Number

What are the numbers for the newer heads that aren't prone to cracking. I need to know so I can tell if these heads I am looking at are the newer ones.

Re: Head Casting Number

4781 is the newer heads.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Ok. These the new ones then. I knew you knew them Steve because I remeber you telling someone on here you had the head numbers. I looked through threads but couldn't find where it was stated. Thanks you.

Comment

Make sure they power blast the heads if you take it in the machine shop , they will flush out the coolant passagies and it will look like new. Then they can do a P/P , milling and valve job.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Me and my grandmas boyfriend is doing the p&p. He use to do it for a living. Only problem is he sold his flow bench recently. I am having the heads milled .005. Yea I was going to have them blasted for sure. Problem is finding a shop close to me that will do this stuff. Being in Jacksonville you would think we had tons of places but we don't. The ones we do are horrible.

Comment

Also should I get them blasted, milled and 3 angle valve job done before we do the p&p or after?

Comment

P/P them first, then valve job, mill and then blast them so theres nothing left in the heads, no metal or anything in them.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking the opposite order. Thank god you replied.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                  Hello everyone!
                  by Andy H
                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                  2 weeks ago
                • 3.4 slow to go
                  hey there strangers!
                  by 3.4 slow to go
                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                  2 weeks ago
                • ssms5411
                  Had to get another phone
                  by ssms5411
                  Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X