Hood vent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hood vent

Is anyone running a hood vent? If so, do you use the water drain pan? I was considering taking mine off because I feel like a heavy piece of thick plastic over the vent defeats the purpose of letting heat escape but I wasn’t sure if I should since I don’t know if I should really be letting rain water hit the engine that much.

Any help or advice would be great

(ZL1 carbon fiber replica hood vent 2011 Camaro)
    Attached Files

Do you have a pic of the water drain pan?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Nothing super fancy but it’s pretty thick... definitely not letting heat out
      Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Dog Fodda
        Oddball balancer?
        by Dog Fodda
        I have a 1999 3.8 with 67k miles. Im removing the timing cover to replace the chain. Ive already got the balancer bolt out, and now need to pull the balancer....
        1 day ago
      • BLACK1LE
        WTB Stcok 2019 Camaro RS Resonators
        by BLACK1LE
        Hello guys, I am willing to buy or get for free the stock resonators for the 2019 Camaro RS. I ended up having a hole in my resonator and it would cause...
        1 day ago
      • Raysfan778
        Need help deciding appearance
        by Raysfan778
        My current camaro is the one without the stripes extending through the roof. Also deciding if I should wrap mirrors and spoiler black as well. Attached...
        2 days ago
      • 2.8 Bird
        Seeing very few 4th Gen
        by 2.8 Bird
        It's only once in awhile do I see a 4th gen out there, but the good news is the very few that I see are in very good condition, including the V6. Everytime...
        3 days ago
      • LETZRIDE
        Removing smoke smell from car
        by LETZRIDE
        Does anyone have any tips on removing smoke odour from the car? My new truck the dealer got rid of about 98% of it, but you can still smell it a bit......
        1 week ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X