X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Camaro Exhaust Rattle

Taken from the exhaust thread and moved here:

Originally posted by Jules_v6 View Post
    So I’ve been having an issue and I hope you guys can help. I own a 2019 V6 camaro LT and I’ve done quite a lot to it. It has a secondary cat delete, resonator delete, borla atak axle back and everything has been great so far. I just recently installed ARH catted downpipe and the sound got even better BUT whenever I’m coasting or let my foot off the pedal, it causes my muffler to give off an obnoxious rattle. Took it to 2 shops and they just say “it’s because you have a v6” -_- any suggestions to fix this? I was thinking put a muffler where I straight piped my resonator?
    That to me sounds like when they welded in or installed your downpipe they may have tucked it up too close to an exhaust shield that is either loose or moves. Since the Camaro is newer it is obviously not rotted and moving, but it is possible that not all the fasteners were reinstalled or that with the load/unload of the engine and how it moves your exhaust it causes it to contact the shields.

Are you able to replicate the noise if you are sitting still in your driveway and rev the car? Do you have the ability to get under the car at all and follow the pipe to see if there is anything loose or very close to the pipe?

Start with that and let me know the results and I can give you further advice from there.

Also, is there any chance you can get a video and upload it to YouTube and link it in here? I know it may be hard to get it, but if you can that can help as well.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

I guess when they lifted the car and inspected the exhaust the only thing the could find is that the borla atak mufflers are hollow and that it’s “simply too much sound” for a v6. Sadly I just had them put my stock downpipes on but I still like the sound better with the downpipe on. I mentioned to them that it could possibly be hitting a heat shield but they were pretty adamant about it just being too much for the v6 to handle

Comment

I would ask them what is too much for the v6 to handle? That doesn't make any sense. This is a video of the Borla Atak on a 2019 V6 Camaro and I don't hear any rattling?

There is no such thing as an exhaust that is too much for the V6 to handle. My money is that they aren't familiar with working on these cars and they did not take the time to fit it properly.

I like the Borla Atak too

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
      1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
        Hello everyone!
        by Andy H
        Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
        2 weeks ago
      • 3.4 slow to go
        hey there strangers!
        by 3.4 slow to go
        been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
        2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X