Installing a cold air intake on a 2016+ V6 Camaro - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Installing a cold air intake on a 2016+ V6 Camaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing a cold air intake on a 2016+ V6 Camaro

If you ever had to ask yourself the question of "how do I install a cold air intake on my 2016+ V6 Camaro, the above video is an awesome walk through for what is involved (which isn't much). It is very simple and easy to do and is a great first mod for you to get your hands dirty in your engine bay as you get familiar with modding.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Grabbed me an intake from aFe power for a good price, dropped my 0-60 speed by just about half a second. My brother is a diesel mechanic and I have basically no experience but we got it installed pretty quick.

Comment

Nice- how did you measure that it dropped a half second? That seems like quite a bit for an intake?

Comment

Using the built in timer, stock the lowest I had run was a 5.4. After installing it I ran the car a few hours to let the system adjust, and timed it again at a 5.1 second. This is all with no tune also, I'd like to get one but my car is still under warranty and I don't want to give service departments too many reasons to turn me away lol.

Comment

Originally posted by athunderfan View Post
          Using the built in timer, stock the lowest I had run was a 5.4. After installing it I ran the car a few hours to let the system adjust, and timed it again at a 5.1 second. This is all with no tune also, I'd like to get one but my car is still under warranty and I don't want to give service departments too many reasons to turn me away lol.
          not bad! now was this in the same type of weather conditions or was it much warmer out when you got that 5.4 last time? I ask because I know the weather does play a factor into things. In racing there is a thing called density altitude and humidity can really play havoc on your times.

It's why some folks will run in fall and have great times, make 1-2 changes and run in the dead heat of summer and actually be slower and be dumbfounded as a result.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
            Had to get another phone
            by ssms5411
            Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
            1 week ago
          • ssms5411
            Leaking front cover
            by ssms5411
            So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
            2 weeks ago
          • transamtom1
            Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
            by transamtom1
            Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
            3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X