Oil pressure low

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil pressure low

Hi, I'm new here not too sure how this works. I've had my 2011 LS Camaro going on three years slowly but surely changing it up. It wasn't until maybe a year ago that it would prompt me "oil pressure low stop engine immediately" but keep in mind it would happen every so often and when it did it would beep non stop for about five seconds rhen go away. It stopped completely for several months and I went for an oil change last week and the next day it promoted me again and it lasted a little longer than before so when I was going to pull to the side of the road it just turned off like nothing ever happened. Computer reads that it has oil, am I missing something? Is anyone else experiencing this? What can I do from here?

Hey Oatmela - Welcome to the board! I'll move this thread over to the 5th gen engine tech section where it will likely get a little more help.

Firstly, low oil pressure is not something you want to drive on as if it is accurate you will destroy your bearings and grenade the motor. Have you tried unscrewing your oil pressure sensor and hooking up a manual one to verify if you are actually getting low oil pressure? This can help you rule out a faulty sensor.

When you had your oil changed so far, have you had any metal shavings in them?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

I agree with LETZRIDE rule out a bad sensor first and maybe change the oil yourself next time (if you don’t already) to see what the oil is looking like

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
        Hello everyone!
        by Andy H
        Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
        3 weeks ago
      • 3.4 slow to go
        hey there strangers!
        by 3.4 slow to go
        been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
        3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X