Drop a LFX V6 in 1962 Nova

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drop a LFX V6 in 1962 Nova

im at the beginning of a project and looking for the community for input. I have a light old factory v6 1962 Chevy Nova II convertible. My goal is to make credible HP (400 rwh) as quietly as possible while keeping the vehicle as close to the original weight for handling. Keeping it under $6k would be another goal but I have a little flexibility. I think I would like the 6speed manual but again I need input. I am comparing this option to a GNX turbo power plant.

As I have described my goal/vision, feel free to drop as much insight, the hurdles or obstructions you could foresee happening. Keep in mind, I would like to vet the V6 as my power plant before considering a V8. Thanks in advance.

This would be one helluva project I would love to see and would love to see you document the whole thing here if you do it...

Not sure if you can do it for $6000 though- what are motors going for? Do you have a way to mount the motor to the subframe? And what are you thinking you’ll do for mounting the transmission?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Yeah, I don't see it happening for 6k, I would do the 6 speed, you'll have more fun. Keep us posted, good luck.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X