5th Generation Camaro 2010-2015 Recalls - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5th Generation Camaro 2010-2015 Recalls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5th Generation Camaro 2010-2015 Recalls

These are all of the current / known recalls for the 5th gen Camaros 2010-2015. Just because you haven't received a letter in the mail, does not mean that your Camaro may not have a recall on it. For information on whether or not there is a recall outstanding on your vehicle you can use the following links to enter your VIN information to GM:

USA Owners: https://my.chevrolet.com/recalls
    Canadian Owners: https://recalls.gm.ca/#/

2010 Camaro

GM Recall # 14294
    • Electrical / Ignition: GM Recall notice for affected 2010 Camaros, the driver may accidentally hit the ignition key with their knee unintentionally knocking the key out of the run position, turning off the engine. The fix is new keys provided by the dealer.
    GM Recall # Unknown
    • Electrical /Battery Cables: GM is recalling Camaros equipped with a V8 engine. The positive battery cable may contact the starter motor housing and cause wear on the cable insulation. If the insulation wears through to the cable, it could create a short.

2011 Camaro

GM Recall # 14271
    • Body / SeatsGM is recalling certain model year 2011-2012 Buick LaCrosse, Regals and Camaros, as well as certain 2010-2012 Cadillac SRX, Chevrolet Equinox and GMC Terrain vehicles, equipped with power height adjustable driver and passenger seats. In the affected vehicles, the bolt that secures the driver's and passenger's power front seat height adjuster may fall out causing the seat to drop suddenly to the lowest vertical position.

GM Recall # 14294
    • Electrical / Ignition: GM Recall notice for affected 2010-2014 Camaros, the driver may accidentally hit the ignition key with their knee unintentionally knocking the key out of the run position, turning off the engine. The fix is new keys provided by the dealer.
    2012 Camaro

GM Recall # 14271
    • Body / SeatsGM is recalling certain model year 2011-2012 Buick LaCrosse, Regals and Camaros, as well as certain 2010-2012 Cadillac SRX, Chevrolet Equinox and GMC Terrain vehicles, equipped with power height adjustable driver and passenger seats. In the affected vehicles, the bolt that secures the driver's and passenger's power front seat height adjuster may fall out causing the seat to drop suddenly to the lowest vertical position.
    GM Recall # 14294
    • Electrical / Ignition: GM Recall notice for affected 2010-2014 Camaros, the driver may accidentally hit the ignition key with their knee unintentionally knocking the key out of the run position, turning off the engine. The fix is new keys provided by the dealer.

GM Recall # unknown
    Safety / Air Bags: GM is recalling certain model year 2012 Buick Verano, Chevy Cruze, Chevy Sonic and Camaro vehicles. The driver side frontal air bag has a shorting bar which may intermittently contact the air bag terminals.

2013 Camaro

GM Recall # 14294

GM Recall # 13284
    • Safety / Labels: GM is recalling certain model year 2013 and 2014 Camaro Coupes. In the affected vehicles, the required air bag warning label on the sun visor may peel off.

2014 Camaro

GM Recall # unknown
    • Safety / Steering: GM is recalling certain model Buick Regal, Cadillac XTS, Camaro and Impala vehicles. Improperly torqued fasteners may cause the steering intermediate shaft and the steering gear and/or the lower control arm and the lower ball joint to separate.
    GM Recall #14294
    GM Recall # 13284
    • Safety / Labels: GM is recalling certain model year 2013 and 2014 Camaro Coupes. In the affected vehicles, the required air bag warning label on the sun visor may peel off.
    2015 Camaro

GM Recall # 01320
    • Safety / Airbag GM is recalling certain model Buick LaCrosse, Cadillac XTS, Camaro, Equinox, Malibu and GMC Terrain vehicles. The affected vehicles have front seat-mounted side impact air bags whose inflator may rupture upon its deployment.

If you are aware of any 5th Gen Camaro Recalls not listed above, please post below and a mod/admin will edit the post above.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
    Hello everyone!
    by Andy H
    Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
    3 weeks ago
  • 3.4 slow to go
    hey there strangers!
    by 3.4 slow to go
    been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
    3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X