Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twin Turbo Kit

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125470

This thread details a nice build of a twin turbo v6 application. Seems to have fuel issues slightly under 400 hp. Not sure if this was shared here or not yet. Long time engine builder guy took on the project from the enthusiasm from the forums but no one else wants to jump in. They're having issues getting enough fuel to move forward - I guess thats the learning curve when you play with the newer DI stuff. I just spent an hour or so reading through various related threads and it looks promising. Expensive still which is why I don't think they've gotten the support they want but the components used all seem to be picked with durability in mind. Apparantly the camshaft acts as a sort of fuel pump for the high pressure fuel stuff on the direct injection. I had no idea and apparantly need to read up a bit more on how this DI stuff works. All very interesting however. They're getting close to %40 more wheel hp on 6psi.
    96 White M5 Camaro. Manual everything. Magnaflow cat, dynomax dual outlet axle back. Swapped to a disc rear with 3.42s and a torsen differential, kyb gr2 rear shocks, moog rear endlinks.

Re: Twin Turbo Kit

Forced induction DI builds are really interesting, especially when builds like this one begin running out of fuel. A lot of good info and techniques can be learned from the LNF community, where a few guys have added a secondary MPFI fuel rail to be controlled and used under boost to overcome fueling issues.
    '99 Camaro
    '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
    '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

check out www.bowtiev6.com/forum (5th gen v6 forum) and there is a bunch of info on how the engine and fuel system operates as well as the turbo builds. ;) Some really nice builds starting up and the power numbers and track times are pretty impressive. Just had one 5th gen v6 get into the 11s on nitrous, and that is with stock cam and heads. lol.
      http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Some nice reads over there. I had no Idea how truly complicated the DI setups are fuel wise. Looks like some promising power to be made once someone is able to up fuel rail pressure with a modded pump. Personally - seems like that will be an expensive car to work on for a while compared to the 4th gen cars even when you don't count the car price in it.
        96 White M5 Camaro. Manual everything. Magnaflow cat, dynomax dual outlet axle back. Swapped to a disc rear with 3.42s and a torsen differential, kyb gr2 rear shocks, moog rear endlinks.

Comment

yea things are a bit more $$$ on those new cars. lol. Most people are waiting until their warranties expire before diving to far into the engine too

Comment

Yeah - hopefully by the time I've moved back to the states (5-6 years) people have mastered the tuning and figured out how to drop those DI 6's into F-bodies. Then again it will likely never be as easy a swap as an LS1 as I'm guessing it will require a decent amount of fabrication. Though 300+ hp on tap combined with the comparatively lightweight f-body and the DI v6 mileage sound awesome.

Also it having 4 camshafts doesn't help the modding costs either, especially when the HP fuel pump is driven off of at least one of them.
            Last edited by MegaHertz; 06-30-2011, 07:05 PM.

Comment

tuning is already figured out :) Vince at trifecta has that no problem

Comment

Are they into the PCM or are they using add on hardware like a fuel pressure regulator?

Comment

nope actually changing the tune in the PCM. Much quicker than it took the 4th gen crowd to get tuning. lol.

Comment

I'm kind of amazed they cracked it that quick considering how much more complicated the computers have gotten in the 8 years there was no camaro. Then again tuners need to keep up with the technology and most cars computer systems are rather complicated now with millions of lines of software code from what I've read so if they've been tuning other newer gm cars and other manufacturer's cars it would give them a head start.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                      Hello everyone!
                      by Andy H
                      Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                      2 weeks ago
                    • 3.4 slow to go
                      hey there strangers!
                      by 3.4 slow to go
                      been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                      3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X