oil light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil light

Can anyone tell me how to get the change oil light to go out on my buddys 10 camaro. He changed the oil but cant figure out how to get the light off.

Re: oil light

its a newer car, maybe theres a button or something to reset the computer? The old school would be to disconnect and reconnect the battery.
    1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
    1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
    1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
    2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

if its anything like newer cars have been in the last few years, you have to hold in the trip odometer button/thing (whatever the hell it is) for a few seconds to reset the light.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
      Or this

Comment

Is there really nothing in the car manual about this?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Recently a Dodge manual sent me to five different spots in the manual just to tell me to "have it serviced at a licensed dealership". So no, sometimes they don't have it in there.

Several things, first, push the trip button and cycle what comes up, if oil life comes up, push and hold till it flashes and resets.

If it just cycles odo/hr/life/trip blah blah then try switching ign power on, and cycle the key on off three times leaving it at the on position and pump the gas peddle to WOT to 0 T 5 times all within ten seconds. Thats the usual GM way anyways.

Comment

My dad's Mercedes does the same thing too. But Roger is correct on how to reset it. Then again, Chevy might be different.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Thor View Post
              My dad's Mercedes does the same thing too. But Roger is correct on how to reset it. Then again, Chevy might be different.
              I would listen to THOR. S.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                Hello everyone!
                by Andy H
                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                2 weeks ago
              • 3.4 slow to go
                hey there strangers!
                by 3.4 slow to go
                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X