Cai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cai

So I fabbed up A CAI. I basically cut the tube with the MAF in it and connected an elbow and a spectre air filter an now I feel as if I lost a good deal of horsepower. So I'm going tomorrow to the chevy dealer and getting another airbox lid... Those CAI's aren't all they cracked up to be.

Re: Cai

you got a picture of it? and not to sound like an *** but maybe when you fabbed it you missed something?

Comment

Here's some pics... and don't worry bout being a *** any help will be cool...
      Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG0041.jpg
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	1536688

Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG0040.jpg
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	1536689
      Last edited by fatcat; 11-14-2010, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Ok I think I found the culprit. That tube that goes tinto the intake, I separated them and plugged the ends and I got my power back, but I dont think it made any more of a difference than cutting the bottom out of the airbox.

Comment

Ok heres a question, will a premade CAI from a company really deliver more power than the one I fabbed, and if it will why? now I did disconnect that tube from the intake.

Comment

Well, the first problem I see with your CAI is that you're not drawing any cold air. Is that PVC? Also, you're still stock after the MAF, so you won't see a gain once the air hits the accordian section behind the MAF and merges with the air in the silencer. Your stock airbox was probably working much better.
            <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Yes that is PVC. I do notice some gain, and actually I'm not quite done with it. I was going to replace that front section But I did'nt know if I'd got more gain from leaving it like that, also I was going to run the tube to the engine between the radiator and block. I just wanted to know if I should replace that stock piece. Believe it or not the PVC works really well. It's as wide as the intakes on the CAIs and being plastic doesn't conduct heat and I can route it where I want, plus it's cheap. that whole setup only cost about 40$

Comment

as was pointed out to me, ChromeIntakes (ebay store) aren't horrible units, and fairly cheap. ***** to install though.

Comment

Well it's done.I took off the stock piece and relaced it with tube and routed the intake tube between the block and radiator and that really woke it up... Thx bird of prey.

Comment

yea you need to get that filter to the fender area and not by your hot engine first. Then seal it from the engine bay and make the path as smooth as possible. Remove silencers and accordian paths from it and it will flow better.
                    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                      Hello everyone!
                      by Andy H
                      Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                      2 weeks ago
                    • 3.4 slow to go
                      hey there strangers!
                      by 3.4 slow to go
                      been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                      3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X