Waiting on aldl tuning stuff. played with g-tech - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waiting on aldl tuning stuff. played with g-tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting on aldl tuning stuff. played with g-tech

Well since the aldl cable and burner stuff wont be here till tommorow and it was somewhat sunny i thought id try to see if i can get a base line with the g-tech today.... i swear this car never had the traction problems it has now. Its so hard to not spin. It was sorta cold 40* out and sunny so there is not much heat in the road at all!!

I managed to get a 16.18 1/4 but still spun the tires, and after 5 runs averaged 16.46 in the 1/4. !!!Keep in mind that all of this is for a base line, to see progress. And not to use the #'s as real 1/4 mile times!!! The mph's varried from 80.7-87.7 so you can see i was having tractions issuse. I never made a launch without having to let off the pedel to stop spinning. So that base line approach is harder then i though.

I did get a decent base line from the Hp indicator since the launch doesnt matter, I ave. 98Hp. Which is funny...but i guess if it includes the drag and loss from the drive line, its a good figure to tune with and see if it increase. The Hp #'s were from 96-102 so there wasnt much of a difference there.

Re: Waiting on aldl tuning stuff. played with g-tech

Gtech has never been accurate for measuring track times, but it is still good to have an idea what your car can do. I know it's winter, but in spring take your camaro to the track and see how well it does.

What tuning stuff do you have? Are you using megasquirt?

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
      Gtech has never been accurate for measuring track times, but it is still good to have an idea what your car can do. I know it's winter, but in spring take your camaro to the track and see how well it does.

What tuning stuff do you have? Are you using megasquirt?
      Yea ill be at the track come sprong to see what it really does, since im in the points class at our local track(sportsman class)

Na im not using mega squirt, couldnt afford it:cry:

Im useing a Batronix chip burner, and eeprom re-flash chip, the tunerpro to data log and modify the bin files and the aldl cable to read the datalogging. I went this route since it got the whole set up for under 100 bucks and because I like to learn how to take the original files, modify them by using my dataloging info and then hopefully get a good file to burn eventually.

Comment

ok update.. Took a little bit but im up and datalogging. After some more reading and understanding all those values that the car was telling tunerpro I do see that that cam and the head/intake work did alot changing the engine and what the ECU want to do.

The Blm and Int values are bad! the Blm values rarely and i mean rarely came close to being near 128. So the car generly was running rich as can be. Only a few times it ran lean and that was at higher kpa and rpm loads.

So I need to tune the stock bin a little bit in the VE tables. I hope it doesnt take a month just to get that right becasue then Ill need to look at the spark tables. What have i got myself into????? Well I do have 4 months to racing season but hope it doesnt snow all winter here in ohio or I can't Data log.

If I knew how to attatch a excel spreadsheet of the logs....I would.....

Comment

Here is the logs and data if anyone wants to look at it on tunerpro.....

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/at...celeration.zip

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/at...g-thirdgen.zip

Comment

hel* yea!! i burnt my first mod. eprom chip today.. I hope i get to datalog in a day or so and see if im on the right track to a great tune! Im sure itll take awhile but its ok this tuning stuff is addicting!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
              Hello everyone!
              by Andy H
              Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
              2 weeks ago
            • 3.4 slow to go
              hey there strangers!
              by 3.4 slow to go
              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
              3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X