3.8l camaro 14second 1/4 mile?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.8l camaro 14second 1/4 mile?

I'm thinking about getting a v6 camaro but i was wondering if it would be possible to get it down to 14seconds in the 1/4 mile? I would like to do it without nitrous of FI. would full exhaust, CAI, 3.42gears, slip differential get me there?

Re: 3.8l camaro 14second 1/4 mile?

You'll need a bit more to get it to 14 sec., cam , headers free flowing exhaust and weight reduction. Also depends on your DA.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

is there a car on this forum that you know of that has a 14s car that i can base the mods off of?

Comment

Best 1/8mile pass ive ever made was a 9.786 which is around a 15.2 or so. I have
        Air Silencer Delete, Shaved Intake Lid, K&N Air Filter, Eaton Limited slip, UMI Rear LCAs PHB & SFCs, Pacesetter Mid-Tube Headers & Y-Pipe, 3'' full exhaust, !EGR, !CAT, custom street tune which got me about 10-15hp.
        Your density altitude will play a big role as well. Like this weekend was cold air and low humidity which leads to good air I ran .2 faster in the 1/8th on street tires compared to my normal drag radials

Comment

LETZRIDE's heavily modded 3.8 ran mid-13's
          aka FreedStyle
          Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
          2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

Best mine has done was a 15.27 at 89.5. I could probably get it lower if I took some weight out, tuned it, and or stalled it. I usually run in 500 DA with a 3450lb race weight. Cars a y87 auto with 190k miles and close to 45 passes.

Comment

Originally posted by C0DY1921 View Post
              I'm thinking about getting a v6 camaro but i was wondering if it would be possible to get it down to 14seconds in the 1/4 mile? I would like to do it without nitrous of FI. would full exhaust, CAI, 3.42gears, slip differential get me there?
              Mine went 15.2 at 89 in mineshaft air(-550 da)

2001 Firebird V6 Y87 W68 cloth interior a/c deleted.

You want a quick car get an LS1,not much more money and you start out 2 seconds faster.

Plenty of used mods FS cheap as well.

Comment

If I didn't race at 5k+ DA I'd be in the low 14s. My best pass to date is 15.69@92, but with 7900 DA. And a 2.3 60'... >.> turbo cam no likey bottom end.

Comment

Originally posted by CFreed11 View Post
                  LETZRIDE's heavily modded 3.8 ran mid-13's
                  So, looking at his car page, it sounds like he has had the heads p&p and shaved a bit, good cam w/beefed up valve train, slightly larger injectors, intake/exhaust, 4.10 rear, and a good tune? Is that pretty much the recipe for a 13 sec V6 (assuming 0 DA)?

Comment

Originally posted by EarlR View Post
                    So, looking at his car page, it sounds like he has had the heads p&p and shaved a bit, good cam w/beefed up valve train, slightly larger injectors, intake/exhaust, 4.10 rear, and a good tune? Is that pretty much the recipe for a 13 sec V6 (assuming 0 DA)?
                    And quite a bit of weight reduction.

Comment

Headers/ exhaust, stall, gears, HP tunners and light wheels will get you very close. I run 14.40 without the nitrous. Bone stock engine other than the Yella Terra 1.9 roller rockers. 0 weight reduction.
                      Last edited by bigbrian442; 10-28-2013, 09:00 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
                        And quite a bit of weight reduction.
                        I wouldn't say quite a bit, I was 3100lbs, there was still lots more to come out :P

LNorton has run low 12's all motor with stock heads...damn eliminator class guys! They know all the secrets...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                        1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
                          I wouldn't say quite a bit, I was 3100lbs, there was still lots more to come out :P

LNorton has run low 12's all motor with stock heads...damn eliminator class guys! They know all the secrets...
                          Is that 3100 with driver? I think the last time I went across scales my car was just shy of 3600, with my large (260 lb) backside in the seat.

I keep going back and forth about whether to go any further with the engine in my car, or just start looking for a wrecked SS or Z28 to grab the drivetrain from. If I could get it where it was capable of running 14-flats without having to do a race build I would probably stick with what I have.

Comment

http://highperformancejunkies.com/about-me-racing/ thats all the mods that LETZRIDE has if you were wondering. I happened to run into this YouTube channel and he had that page linked

Comment

Originally posted by EarlR View Post
                              Is that 3100 with driver? I think the last time I went across scales my car was just shy of 3600, with my large (260 lb) backside in the seat.

I keep going back and forth about whether to go any further with the engine in my car, or just start looking for a wrecked SS or Z28 to grab the drivetrain from. If I could get it where it was capable of running 14-flats without having to do a race build I would probably stick with what I have.
                              3100 without me in it.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                              1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                Had to get another phone
                                by ssms5411
                                Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                1 week ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Leaking front cover
                                by ssms5411
                                So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • transamtom1
                                Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                                by transamtom1
                                Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X