3.8l camaro 14second 1/4 mile?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.8l camaro 14second 1/4 mile?

I'm thinking about getting a v6 camaro but i was wondering if it would be possible to get it down to 14seconds in the 1/4 mile? I would like to do it without nitrous of FI. would full exhaust, CAI, 3.42gears, slip differential get me there?

Re: 3.8l camaro 14second 1/4 mile?

You'll need a bit more to get it to 14 sec., cam , headers free flowing exhaust and weight reduction. Also depends on your DA.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods ,see Homepage. GT35R Turbo http://www.cardomain.com/ride/244123...vrolet-camaro/

Comment

is there a car on this forum that you know of that has a 14s car that i can base the mods off of?

Comment

Best 1/8mile pass ive ever made was a 9.786 which is around a 15.2 or so. I have
        Air Silencer Delete, Shaved Intake Lid, K&N Air Filter, Eaton Limited slip, UMI Rear LCAs PHB & SFCs, Pacesetter Mid-Tube Headers & Y-Pipe, 3'' full exhaust, !EGR, !CAT, custom street tune which got me about 10-15hp.
        Your density altitude will play a big role as well. Like this weekend was cold air and low humidity which leads to good air I ran .2 faster in the 1/8th on street tires compared to my normal drag radials

Comment

LETZRIDE's heavily modded 3.8 ran mid-13's

Comment

Best mine has done was a 15.27 at 89.5. I could probably get it lower if I took some weight out, tuned it, and or stalled it. I usually run in 500 DA with a 3450lb race weight. Cars a y87 auto with 190k miles and close to 45 passes.

Comment

Originally posted by C0DY1921 View Post
              I'm thinking about getting a v6 camaro but i was wondering if it would be possible to get it down to 14seconds in the 1/4 mile? I would like to do it without nitrous of FI. would full exhaust, CAI, 3.42gears, slip differential get me there?
              Mine went 15.2 at 89 in mineshaft air(-550 da)

2001 Firebird V6 Y87 W68 cloth interior a/c deleted.

You want a quick car get an LS1,not much more money and you start out 2 seconds faster.

Plenty of used mods FS cheap as well.

Comment

If I didn't race at 5k+ DA I'd be in the low 14s. My best pass to date is 15.69@92, but with 7900 DA. And a 2.3 60'... >.> turbo cam no likey bottom end.

Comment

Originally posted by CFreed11 View Post
                  LETZRIDE's heavily modded 3.8 ran mid-13's
                  So, looking at his car page, it sounds like he has had the heads p&p and shaved a bit, good cam w/beefed up valve train, slightly larger injectors, intake/exhaust, 4.10 rear, and a good tune? Is that pretty much the recipe for a 13 sec V6 (assuming 0 DA)?

Comment

Originally posted by EarlR View Post
                    So, looking at his car page, it sounds like he has had the heads p&p and shaved a bit, good cam w/beefed up valve train, slightly larger injectors, intake/exhaust, 4.10 rear, and a good tune? Is that pretty much the recipe for a 13 sec V6 (assuming 0 DA)?
                    And quite a bit of weight reduction.

Comment

Headers/ exhaust, stall, gears, HP tunners and light wheels will get you very close. I run 14.40 without the nitrous. Bone stock engine other than the Yella Terra 1.9 roller rockers. 0 weight reduction.
                      Last edited by bigbrian442; 10-28-2013, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
                        And quite a bit of weight reduction.
                        I wouldn't say quite a bit, I was 3100lbs, there was still lots more to come out

LNorton has run low 12's all motor with stock heads...damn eliminator class guys! They know all the secrets...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro
                        1996 3800 camaro- Gone - still the fastest N/A Canadian 3.8L F-body
                        V6 best: 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

My Current Build | Synthetic Oil | Videos

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
                          I wouldn't say quite a bit, I was 3100lbs, there was still lots more to come out

LNorton has run low 12's all motor with stock heads...damn eliminator class guys! They know all the secrets...
                          Is that 3100 with driver? I think the last time I went across scales my car was just shy of 3600, with my large (260 lb) backside in the seat.

I keep going back and forth about whether to go any further with the engine in my car, or just start looking for a wrecked SS or Z28 to grab the drivetrain from. If I could get it where it was capable of running 14-flats without having to do a race build I would probably stick with what I have.

Comment

http://highperformancejunkies.com/about-me-racing/ thats all the mods that LETZRIDE has if you were wondering. I happened to run into this YouTube channel and he had that page linked

Comment

Originally posted by EarlR View Post
                              Is that 3100 with driver? I think the last time I went across scales my car was just shy of 3600, with my large (260 lb) backside in the seat.

I keep going back and forth about whether to go any further with the engine in my car, or just start looking for a wrecked SS or Z28 to grab the drivetrain from. If I could get it where it was capable of running 14-flats without having to do a race build I would probably stick with what I have.
                              3100 without me in it.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro
                              1996 3800 camaro- Gone - still the fastest N/A Canadian 3.8L F-body
                              V6 best: 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

My Current Build | Synthetic Oil | Videos

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                Engine work to be done
                                by ssms5411
                                Not until November, but my mechanic said he would do my double rolling timing chain , oil volume mod, ST5 cam, OER lifters, and put on my ported/polished...
                                1 day ago
                              • Dragonack
                                4th gen Camaro
                                by Dragonack
                                Have a family friend that has a fourth gen Camaro with the 3800 motor is blown and transmission is slipping has some good parts if you want to inquire...
                                4 days ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Ordered some waterless carwash from chemical guys
                                by ssms5411
                                So anyone else use this stuff, will be the first time using it, right now I just use detail spray and go over the Camaro since it needs painted. And I...
                                4 days ago
                              • Mad99fbird
                                Hello from Houston Tx
                                by Mad99fbird
                                Hello everyone. I'm Matt and me with my son are building a 1999 firebird v6 turbo drag car. It's a father and son project we are doing in our garage....
                                4 days ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Where to get tool drawer locks
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am revisiting building a tool box again this year... possibly if I can find the time with a few other projects that are taking precedents first. If...
                                5 days ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X