autocross past weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• autocross past weekend

did pretty well for the first time running the camaro. i came about 6 seconds slower then the really fast guys. not too bad considering i only have ss sway bars and strut tower bar done with suspension. by the end of the day i was pulling consistent times but i still left alot of time on the clock im gonna do some preventative stuff before the next autocross and gotta not be quite so gental next time. also im gonna get all the tire shine off of my tires to give me some more grip.well her is the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhmlA...er_profilepage

Re: autocross past weekend

good vid. i like the camera mounts. ya get that tire shine off. what psi in your tires do you run at the track

Comment

thanks i got some of it off at the track but not all of it. i probably could have held it more flat footed through the slolems but i never re compensated for the tire shine comming off. i think i ran 30 up front and 25 in the rear. i did not have a problem with any tire roll. as you can see i did have problems with not having enough traction.

Comment

in my opinion that seems a little low. the years i ran 300 treadwear street tires i would be aound 35 front and 31 rear. with race tires i run about 32 front and 29 rear. race tire can be run a litle lower than streets. i would try pumping them up a tad and so how it handles

Comment

i started out at 35 psi all the way around then i tuned it down from there. as far as tread wear my tires did not roll at all so im pretty sure im not too low. and these tires are supposed to have soft sidewalls. there fuzion zri 275/40/17.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
            hey there strangers!
            by 3.4 slow to go
            been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
            7 hours ago
          • ssms5411
            Had to get another phone
            by ssms5411
            Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
            1 week ago
          • ssms5411
            Leaking front cover
            by ssms5411
            So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
            2 weeks ago
          • transamtom1
            Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
            by transamtom1
            Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
            3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X