2000 camaro security light Vats System problem Help - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2000 camaro security light Vats System problem Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 camaro security light Vats System problem Help

Hello I have a 2000 camaro. About a month ago I got a remote start installed buy best buy they did a great job. And for about 2 weeks now my security turns on and starts to blink even if i try to remote start. I bought a new key didn't solve the problem and also some times it would fix it self by turning the blinking security light into a solid light and could start with key and remote. I took it to best buy yesterday they checked the remote start for about 3 hours and it wasn't the problem. They said they have never seen something like this . So I was thinking about just by passing the vats system by using the resistors that add up to my key. Is the wiring still set up where I can find the two wires that I can put the resistors into. Or is it messed up by the remote start? And another question instead of using resistors could I just take a old key that still works cut out the resistor without damage and solder two wires to the points and put the two wires were the resistors were goin to go?
    Last edited by Mc.Nasty; 04-24-2013, 08:08 PM.

Re: 2000 camaro security light Vats System problem Help

yes there are 2 white wires covered in an orange loom near the steering column. The remote start should not work if they didn't bypass the security. they may have used a module or something similar but it has to be bypassed. theoretically i guess you could take the resistor out of the key, but stereo shops will set you up with the proper resistors for like 2 bucks though.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
      Hello everyone!
      by Andy H
      Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
      2 weeks ago
    • 3.4 slow to go
      hey there strangers!
      by 3.4 slow to go
      been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
      3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X