Actron 9150 Scanner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actron 9150 Scanner

Generally found on ebay for around 150$, this kit comes with the obd I and obd II scanner. If you've got a 3.4 this appears to be one of your best options, especially if you've got the 95 model because that year came with obd I computer but obd II port and this kit comes with both cables.

Scanner works great! you can read codes, erase codes, stream live data with the car running, and if you pick up a haynes manual you'll have all the code #'s and their descriptions.

It also depicts everything from tps %, IAC temp, IAT temp, fuel pump voltage (good for seeing if your pump is shot), battery voltage, o2 sensor readings (still need to figure out what some of these values stand for ) pretty sure it gives the injector pulse readings or maybe its just pressure but i'll figure it out.

sounds stupid, but after using this tool to read my tps readings, i realized i was only putting down about 90% throttle most the time. I have to push JUST that much harder to get it to 100%. little embarassing but good to know. :)

If you figure the cost of having your car scanned at a stealership or shop and add in the cost of guessing whats wrong with your car and throwing parts at it, this 150$ scanner could save you money in the long run.

I'm just really pleased with this scanner and figured you guys oughta know. It runs off one 9v battery and attaches to either your cigarette lighter socket or you can attach it to your battery for power (both cables are included)

It reads many kinds of cars, ford, chevy, pontiac, saturn, and since it's got global obdII i'm pretty sure that means anything with obdII but i could be wrong.

thats all i got for now, still a lot to figure out with this scanner but i'll take it one day at a time.
    Last edited by tkoforpresident; 03-18-2009, 10:09 PM.

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
    Hello everyone!
    by Andy H
    Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
    2 weeks ago
  • 3.4 slow to go
    hey there strangers!
    by 3.4 slow to go
    been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
    3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X