water blade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water blade

anyone used this before? http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...59840_-1_10621
    i just want to make sure it's a good buy

Re: water blade

I've got an original blade... it's ok for sheding water fast. Just make sure it's CLEAN!! If not, makes for some serious scratches.
    FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Administrator
    Stupid is rewarded with the ban button.
    Official Avatar Nazi according to Meatyshells :D

Comment

thanks!

Comment

works very well... but like teal said, make sure it's clean! you'll need a towel or chamois to use with it to get the car completely dry though. but it works well.

Comment

works very well, I even use it on my dad's beemer when I use to clean it
          Car expresses who you are. If you have a ****ty car, you must be a ****ty person;)<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979</a>

Comment

i love them, but i would recommend the one with the purple handle, it is much softer than the green one.

i usually use this to take the water off of my car, then dry it with microfiber

Comment

when i use microfiber to dry my car it just kinda pushes the water after one or two swipes.

Comment

I've used one for years...no problems.
                Stephen<br />1995 Pontiac Firebird<br />3800 Series II V6<br /><br />2000 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

Not a fan... I'll take a chamois and a big microfiber any day.

Comment

i use 100% cotton bath towels. they absorb water like its nobodys business

Comment

Originally posted by Niko97RS
                      i use 100% cotton bath towels. they absorb water like its nobodys business
                      i use those too but i still get water spots.

Comment

After you're done washing your car use a hose with no nozzle on it to sheet the water off...it'll take of 80% of the water on your car. Sounds crazy, but it works.

After that just use a microfiber to blot up the rest of the water or use a leaf blower if your car is waxed (will blow the remaining water off the car and leave it spotless in about 2 minutes).

Thats how I dry the C6 and it works flawlessly. The less you touch the car the less chance you have of something scratching it :)
                        Shawn<br />2002 Silver W68 Firebird

Comment

I had the original California Water Blade for years and it worked great. As mentioned, clean it very well before each use or your paint will have a whole new texture. :eek:

Comment

I assume you mean an electric leaf blower.. I know the air that comes out of my gas one smells like gas, I'm sure there is crap coming out of it too.
                            sigpic
                            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                            1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

i worked as a detailer in a toyota dealership for a bout a year, we used these to wipe off the cars and then we chamoed them off, i think its great but they break easy if they are dropped.
                              Robby
                              2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 V6

|JET Chip|Flowmaster American Thunder|K&N Intake|BMR STB|Spohn Rear Sway Bar|

http://speed-bros.com/
                              sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X