GM 32mm Hollow Front Sway Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM 32mm Hollow Front Sway Bar

If you want your car to handle you will eventually need a new front sway bar. There is a plethora of companies selling these but there are really only a few options that stand out from the rest. These are the hollow front bars. While they offer almost exactly the same results as a solid bar they will tend to weigh about half as much. The gain of such a bar is less front end weight for when you go to the drag strip and the bigger size of the bar will offer better handling for the street and auto-x. Now there will be two basic sizes to choose from for hollow from sway bars, 1 being 32mm GM SS/WS6 take off and the other being the 35mm bar sold by Sam Strano. Though the 35mm will most definitely handle better and comes with better hardware and accessories it will typically cost almost twice as much as you can get the 32mm for normally since they can be found for sale on V8 sites all the time (I got my 32mm for $50). So for the price the 32mm is hard to beat. If you are thinking of going down to the dealer and purchasing this part you should reconsider as it will be nearly as much as the Strano bar, so only buy this if you can find it used (DON'T BUY THIS FROM A DEALER). It has shown to be one of the best handling mods I have ever done (not a surprise) helping my car feel more confident through the turns and really hug the road. It's not perfect and will require the driver to relearn how the car drives, but it's a lot better than stock.

Pros:

1-A cheap option for a front sway bar.
    2-It is a light weight option unlike most of the aftermarket offerings.
    3-Vastly improves the overall handling of the car.

Cons:

1-Not the best bar offered
    2-Will not include improved hardware or accessories like end links.
    3-Will require some time to relearn how the car reacts.
    Last edited by T-Punk; 06-03-2007, 10:10 PM.
    2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Re: GM 32mm Hollow Front Sway Bar

part no. 26032907 gm list is $158.63
    96 camaro auto base model<br />slp cai<br />pacesetter headers<br />flowmaster catback<br />35th anniversary ss wheels<br />richmond 3.73<br />98+ ss spoiler<br />hypertech 160 degree thermostat<br />transgo shift kit

Comment

I just got one for free...

Just need to put it on when I do my overdue oil change.

you can get a 32mm for much cheaper then $158, if you buy it used.

Comment

V8 guys tend to upgrade the front sway bar and practically give their stock one away. If you do some searching on the V8 boards they are always up for sale on the cheap.
        2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

yes you can get it cheaper but if you go to your local dealership with that part no. that is how they will charge plus tax, so if anyone wanted to do this mod and didnt wanna/couldnt find one that is how much they would pay. and that is not a kit no end links insulators it is just a bar. i was just trying to be helpful just in case anyone wanted that bar. and if anyone would like part numbers or prices from the dealer i will help if i can
          96 camaro auto base model<br />slp cai<br />pacesetter headers<br />flowmaster catback<br />35th anniversary ss wheels<br />richmond 3.73<br />98+ ss spoiler<br />hypertech 160 degree thermostat<br />transgo shift kit

Comment

Why the **** would you buy this from a dealer? At that point go for the 35mm hollow strano bar and get the best there is. There are plenty of these out there to get cheap on the V8 boards. I've never had trouble finding these and I doubt anyone else would either. DO NOT BUY THIS FROM A DEALER!

I fixed the original post to fully express how I feel the bar should be attained to make it a cost effective item.
            Last edited by T-Punk; 06-03-2007, 10:13 PM.

Comment

I just put mine in, and I am loving it, decent improvement over my z28 30mm and that was light years above the 28mm stocker...

I highly suggest it if you are into budget suspension upgrades :)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                Had to get another phone
                by ssms5411
                Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                1 week ago
              • ssms5411
                Leaking front cover
                by ssms5411
                So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                2 weeks ago
              • transamtom1
                Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                by transamtom1
                Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X