T2R Torsen Differential

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T2R Torsen Differential

Ok, to start off with this is not a differential for you 1/4 mile guys. It's for the Auto-X/Handling oriented crowd. What makes this differential different than the standard Zexel unit is that it has a higher bias. Standard Zexel bias is 2:1 the T2R is 4.25:1 which is actually a huge change. I'll do a quick explanation of bias before I go any further. Bias is the term used to describe the max torque ratio from the wheel with the most traction to the one with the least. This change can be noticed pretty quickly. The car will just seem to grip better through the turns. It has also proven it can take the same kind of thrashing that the standard Zexel torsen can take. The one other feature is that the SLP paddle kit for 4.10 gears will work with this differential making the swap pretty painless for those who already have the standard Zexel and 4.10's. The main, I guess you could say, problem is that at very low speed turns the inside wheel with squeal a little. It would not be the best choice for those who aren't use to tracking their car at least every so often as it will require more focus while driving. The price is a bit high (for most) as well, coming in around 550 bucks. It is well worth the money in my opinion if you are trying to put the finishing touch on your car to make it really handle like a sports car.

Pros:

1-You will notice more grip for cornering.

2-It's just as reliable as the standard Torsen.

3-The SLP paddle kit for 4.10 is compatible with this diff.

Cons:

1-There are better differentials for drag racing.

2-It has a fairly high price.

3-During low speed turns the inside tire can squeal.
    Last edited by T-Punk; 06-03-2007, 10:15 PM.
    2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Re: T2R Torsen Differential

Originally posted by T-Punk
    Cons:

1-There are better differentials for drag racing.
    For example?

Comment

Re: T2R Torsen Differential

Get 'em John! :P

Auburns are better for drag racing.
      In a Torsen, if one wheel has no traction - the other will also have no traction. So if you start spinning on the launch, it may be harder to recover.
      With an auburn if one wheel slips the other still has a chance of catching traction.
      Of course, lockers would be the bestfor a dedicated drag car.
      Last edited by greasemonkey; 01-31-2008, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
        Hello everyone!
        by Andy H
        Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
        3 weeks ago
      • 3.4 slow to go
        hey there strangers!
        by 3.4 slow to go
        been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
        3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X